Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys:
I have my AT DCT for 4 months now and 5,000 kilometers.
Done some radical changes on my bike to suit my disability with my lower extremities as I am handycap, like changing the rear brake pedal to my left hand handle.
Any way, I am considering moving the footpegs to a position more confortable for me to a lower and forward position as I feel they are to high and bakwards for my riding style.
Have done some measurments and considerations but have not decided yet where to relocate them.
Any ideas will be greatly apreciated.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So I put some extra foot pegs on my AT DCT . The idea is to stretch the legs on long freeway rides. Kind of highway pegs. I put them way low and have to be carefull when going off road, eventhough I just go in easy gravel trails.
Anyway, I will test them tomorrow and see how they feel.
Here below are a couple of pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I finally added some foot pegs to my AT DCT. These are kind of high way pegs to strech my legs after an hour or more of high way riding. I left the original pegs in their place for offroad riding and to keep two positions for my legs.
Eventhough they do not seem to be far away from the original pegs, they make all the diference in the world just being able to place my legs in a different position during long periods of highway riding. Besides, they do not get in the way!!
I am going to test them for a while and get back with coments.
Here are some pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may notice in the pictures I posted above, there is no rear brake pedal in it's place. This is because as a handicaped rider, I made a new rear brake system and placed a level in the left hand side of the handlebar just as in an scooter, and relocated the park brake to the right hand side of my GIVI crashbars. These modifications habe worked great for me and my condition.
There is a thread in this forum about this modifications.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts