Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a remap after fitting a full system ? Are they worth it ? Can I just run the bike happily without a remap ?

·
Registered
800 Posts
IMO, a full system really should have a remap carried out. Mine was running very lean, so a trip to Hilltop M/C’s sorted it out. It cost £360 but has been worth every penny as the difference between how my bike goes compared to a bog standard bike is terrific. There are some who’ll argue that it’s not needed, but I wasn’t going to risk potential engine damage for the sake of a few hundred quid.

·
Registered
133 Posts
IMO, a full system really should have a remap carried out. Mine was running very lean, so a trip to Hilltop M/C’s sorted it out. It cost £360 but has been worth every penny as the difference between how my bike goes compared to a bog standard bike is terrific. There are some who’ll argue that it’s not needed, but I wasn’t going to risk potential engine damage for the sake of a few hundred quid.

Hi Davy, have you found the Arrow system of good build quality? It's the system I fancy the most, old school looks and previous good results on a carbed bike.
Swaying towards stainless headers and titanium can, sudden immersion in freezing water can often split titanium headers if you're unlucky. Will have another run on the Hilltop dyno just to check AFR is okay, was told the remap would accommodate small changes but rather be safe than sorry.
Did you source yours in the UK or send to Italy?
Apologies to the original poster, definitely have a dyno run after a full system change, in much the same way as oil and filter changes seem expensive, both are infinitely cheaper than engine rebuilds.

Pete.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pete, I bought mine from Rugged Roads and the quality is 1st class. I’ve done 9k miles with it fitted by now and it’s as good as the day it went on, but with the nice colours now included...:grin2:
Reassuring news on my choice, heat colouration looks trick on the headers.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I haven't fitted an aftermarket can let alone a full system but on previous bikes I have had them remapped. Manufacturers are notorious for running lean set ups so having it set up properly is sensible and beneficial

1 - 7 of 7 Posts