Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of anybody in the Uk that can do a remap yet straight to ECU?, I don't want to mess about with a power commander.

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Does anyone know of anybody in the Uk that can do a remap yet straight to ECU?, I don't want to mess about with a power commander.

Thanks.
Speak to Geoff at Hilltop Motorcycles - he's done quite a few of our Africa Twins now.

He partitions the ECU, pushes Hondas stock mapping into one partition, and then writes a custom map to go in the other partition. Clever stuff, and it transforms the bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
New address and contact details:

Hilltop Motorcycles
Unit 11a Newton Road
Harrowbrook Industrial Estate
Hinckley
LE10 3DS

tel:01455 610721 or 07449 006300

Here's the dynochart from my session with Geoff - running the Arrow Full Titanium system (P1 & T1 are Power and Torque curves before remapping, P2 & T2 are after the remap)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Had the remap done a Hilltop in Hinckley. The bike has a full Termi system and even though they say it doesn't need one it does run very lean as standard. Its quite a bit smoother now and just has a bit more poke everywhere, especially below 4000 rpm. Well worth the money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What does Geoff charge for a re-map? Would a re-map do much for an AT with a standard exhaust I wonder....find the standard exhaust plenty loud enough actually.

·
Registered
415 Posts

Hilltop Motorcycles
Unit 11a Newton Road
Hinckley
LE10 3DS

Here's the dynochart from my session with Geoff - running the Arrow Full Titanium system (P1 & T1 are Power and Torque curves before remapping, P2 & T2 are after the remap)

Hi Jonathan
Are the Arrow headers slightly larger in diameter than the stock Honda ones? The stock map looks fairly lumpy, on other dyno charts stock did not look so bad but I am assuming that was stock ECU but with the arrow headers and muffler. So in fact a remap looks like quite a good idea for different pipes.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi Jonathan!

Did Geoff explain the 2 break-in's in P1 and T1 (at 2.800 and 3.200 rpm) to you?

On the dyno runs was the O2 sensor active?

Would be fine to know the reasons for.

Cheers, gerhard

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm very interested it this service. In addition to my AT I have a 2015 Triumph Scrambler and, when I got it it was sort of a dog. The engine ran fine but just didn't have much power. On the Triumph forum someone recommended Triumph Twin Power. I found them online and decided to try their service. I removed the air pump and O2 sensors, removed the baffle in the air box as they recommended, chopped off about half the baffle in the Arrows 2 into 1 muffler, then downloaded a file from TTP into my laptop and hooked it up to my bike with the cable I purchased earlier. From there it took about 30 minutes and I was done. I couldn't believe the difference when I rode the bike. It seemed to have so much more power and run so much better everywhere. Altogether with buying the cables, blockoff plugs, and the downloaded file from TTP it cost less than $200 US and it was the best bang for he buck I've every had on a motorcycle.

I hope someone offers a similar service for the Africa Twin. As many of these bikes as there are now, someone's missing a chance to make some money.

·
Registered
111 Posts
What does Geoff charge for a re-map? Would a re-map do much for an AT with a standard exhaust I wonder....find the standard exhaust plenty loud enough actually.
I have the same question, I wonder what will the remap do for the standard exhaust, possibly with a K&N or DNA filter. The standard exhaust has quite an addictive sound which is loud enough, almost as some aftermarket ones in other bikes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you mean it works to current atmos conditions at all revs and continually updates itself then yes it is.
Thanks Cadoganpier. Kind of yes, but more so does it update itself and continually adjust even if you fit different exhausts, air filters etc?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks Cadoganpier. Kind of yes, but more so does it update itself and continually adjust even if you fit different exhausts, air filters etc?
I'm not sure so it would be best to call them. Got to say mine is noticeably quicker and smoother with the remap and full exhaust. It also uses less fuel, which is nice.

·
Registered
34 Posts

Hilltop Motorcycles
Unit 11a Newton Road
Hinckley
LE10 3DS

Hmmm, might be worth a call to this guy to find out if he can defeat the top speed limiter on my Japanese spec AT.

Sent from my SC-02H using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey guys. I''ve installed a full straight-though exhaust system on my Adventure Sports, and am looking to book for a remap. However, after telling a remapping place that I still need to run-in the engine and get the first service done, they told me that that isn't neccessary beacuse they don't need to rev the bike for a remap.

I'm not saying this isn't true because I've no idea, but I'm curious why? I would understand not needing a bike if I had the stock exhaust on, because they're all alike eachother, but surely if I have a complete exhaust change they'd need to tinker and rev to see which bits can be pushed however far, depending on the system?

Thanks for any answers! Can't wait!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts