Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It used to be cheap to fill up your bike? I remember when it used to cost $5 to fill up my bike 30 years ago. In about 18 months, it's almost doubled what it costs to fill up the bike now (which is equivalent to how much it cost me to fill up my car 20 years ago)! I'm in Toronto, Canada, $2.19 CAD per Litre

Fixture Font Gas Temperature Paint
Office equipment Vehicle registration plate Font Material property Gas

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Cost of living rise in the past 20yrs is utterly bonkers, Bank of England saying we are on direct course for (another) recession by the end of the year. Brilliant! 😳🔫

·
Registered
761 Posts
One of the great reasons to have a two-wheeler. Makes no sense to me why motorcycles aren't more popular.
With Canadian winters, motorcycles are basically useless for at least 4 months in many parts of the country. If you live in a city with good public transit and never leave city limits, it may be possible to get by without a car. If you live in the boonies four wheels are often a necessity. The high cost of motorcycle insurance doesn't help. Add in distracted driving and poor driver training in Canada compared to some other countries. I learned so much about traffic by starting with a motorcycle instead of a car. If I had my way everyone would have to do at least one season if not two on a motorcycle before being allowed to operate a car or truck. Exceptions for those not medically capable of operating a motorcycle. Until then we have to put up with what is out there.

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
1,281 Posts
You are lucky, I am paying the equivalent of $7.40/US gallon. and $8.06 for diesel. If only my country produced oil it would surely make our prices a lot lower, oh wait...

·
Registered
385 Posts
If Americans aren't getting comparatively cheap gas/diesel we have a huge melt-down.
How else do we fuel our jacked up Brodozers to make up for our other, less visible, shortcomings?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts