Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my oil and followed the instructions for the amount but ended up with a bit too much. I didn't want to take the trouble to remove oil from the drain plug.

FYI, the sprayer from a bottle of Shout Stain remover is the perfect size for sucking out oil in the from the oil from the dipstick tube. Just stick the tube in and spray out the oil.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Haha, me too. We must all be on the same schedule. I wish I would have thought of the spray bottle; great idea. I ended up just using the drain bolt again. I was worried about re-tightening down on the new crush washer, but so far no leaks.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I changed my oil and followed the instructions for the amount but ended up with a bit too much. I didn't want to take the trouble to remove oil from the drain plug.

FYI, the sprayer from a bottle of Shout Stain remover is the perfect size for sucking out oil in the from the oil from the dipstick tube. Just stick the tube in and spray out the oil.

Great idea too..

Had the same problem with slight overfill, so used a syringe & thin tube down the dipstick hole..

Did not work on my VFR since you cannot get to the oil from the filler cap & it has no dipstick.. :eek:

I hate loosening the drain bolt to drain some oil..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts