Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CBR1100 Adventure Sport DCT 2021
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, We had a river ride two weeks ago and there were rocks in the riverbed which managed to catch the tip of my right boot and twisted it outwards.
This was caused by the pillion bracket catching the back of my boot and preventing my leg from getting thrown backwards.
If you do a lot of off road riding I would suggest that you remove both sides.
Keep safe....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Are you the guy who posted a youtube vid a while ago on how to remove side panels?
If so, big thank you for that! Now I feel emboldened to even try that myself...

if not, well, have a nice day! Hope your leg is ok.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haven't pulled mine off yet but even on the street I've noticed my leg making contact with the brackets multiple times. They'll definitely be coming off before any serious off road ride.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hi all, We had a river ride two weeks ago and there were rocks in the riverbed which managed to catch the tip of my right boot and twisted it outwards.
This was caused by the pillion bracket catching the back of my boot and preventing my leg from getting thrown backwards.
If you do a lot of off road riding I would suggest that you remove both sides.
Keep safe....
First thing I did when I got it home. It's unfortunate that the OEM luggage uses them as an attachment point, I'll probably weld up something sans peg-mounts, this winter if I go with the poly luggage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
First thing I did when I got it home. It's unfortunate that the OEM luggage uses them as an attachment point, I'll probably weld up something sans peg-mounts, this winter if I go with the poly luggage.
Same here, they were removed on day one. I have soft luggage (Enduristan), which do not need those as attachement points. Bike is also lighter…lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts