Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all just fitted rebus exhaust end can , and struggling to get the baffle out , removed bolt and baffle moves a little but won't come out
Has anyone any advice on this as I don't want to damage it in the process

Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I struggled until I realised you have to remove the screw completely (clearly I'm not that bright). After that it came out easily.

It might be worth cooling the baffle. Maybe spray a can of compressed air upside down on it.

Failing that you could get yourself a slide hammer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I grabbed the end with a vise grip and then hit the vise grip with a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Remove the bolt and ride it. When you come back it won't be there.

...Or remove the bolt turn the silencer can upside down then use a long tool to gently tap it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Remove the bolt. Get a thick rag or cloth around the edge of the inner baffle tube so that you won't damage it, the thicker the better. Long pliers to further distribute the pressure, apply pressure progressively while rotating gently, better if you pre spray with wd 40. It should slide out with a bit of gentle wiggling. It all worked for me without removing the silencer. Dont need to apply too much force. If that fails I don't know, maybe leave the engine running and have a mate rev it so that the vibration will help a bit?
It's very loud without so you might take it as a sign of destiny if yours doesn't want to come out :).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sound improvement aside, any other benefit to baffle removal? Anything to worry about warranty/performance wise if I do remove the baffle?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts