Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This morning I finished the install of the Remus header, Remus Okami CF can and Power Commander V. Downloaded and installed a map that is for stock air filter and Termignoni full system.

I did have a MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light) because at one point during the install I had turned the ignition on and cranked it with some stuff disconnected, and it was remembering that code. I have the factory service manual and was able to reset the code with a jumper on the diag connector and it has not come back on.

Runs great from idle to redline. No popping on decel. Midrange feels better than stock by my butt dyno. It sounds great with idle no louder than stock, but at full throttle winding up it has a nice bark. It is difficult for me to judge any power increase, as I have not ridden the bike in 3 weeks and have been riding my new much more powerful and responsive KTM Duke 690. The Honda is a dog compared to the Duke.

I think it looks great too, never did like the looks of the stock system much. Be a shame to cover it up with the skid plate and the panniers. The two piece heat shield especially looks better than that big ugly plastic thing, accentuates the graceful sweep of the pipe.

My Touratech skidplate that I liked so much because it protected the stock header so well won't fit with the Remus headers (bigger pipe, different bends). Fortunately the stock plate works fine. I won't be offroading this bike, so if the next owner wants a better coverage skidplate they can source one.

·
Registered
'18 Africa Twin Adventure Sports.
10 Posts
Great to hear. Did you end up going with a new skid plate? How did the PC do for you? I installed a PC for mine but the only map available on DynoJets website is for the Arrow slip on I think, or maybe LeoVince. Anyway, where did you get your map from? I've noticed a bit smoother throttle response so far, but I don't expect anything magnificent until I install the Auto Tune. To do that I need to drill and weld a bung for the wideband sensor...can't do that until I decide on headers. I've been researching for a year on which headers will fit with my Black Dog skid plate and Outback Motortek crash bars. Once I get it all buttoned up it should be a different animal. So far with the Guglatech Air Filters and a new chain it has opened up a bit more.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts