Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 5 Posts

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Akropovic on mine. Looks really nice, not to loud. Lower , throaty tone on acceleration. The guys I ride with love the sound, when they are behind me. Great quality, stainless rivets , carbon fiber muffler clamp, titanium body, and very light weight compared to stock pipe, hope this helps
Is it louder than the stock.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Akras are very well made and usually don't get louder or need repacking. I went with a Remus this time though because I prefer the simpler, slimmer look and the quality is also very good. And it was about $350 cheaper.

Are you running with insert and how does sound compare with stock and did it affect power curve. Looks really neat.

· Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's pretty loud without the baffle so I'm running it in, but I've modded it to flow better but still keep the sound reasonable by cutting off the perforated section. It pulls harder than the stock can did, well worth the price. I bought it on ebay from a French seller, just search remus crf1000l

Here's a vid someone else put up.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/320...tif_t=group_comment&notif_id=1467091045689879
Thanks. I did a similar thing on my KTM 690 akro. After you cut it is the sound much louder than stock.

1 - 4 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.