Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Overseas you can rent a AT, Does anyone know if there is anywhere in the states that rents by the day. I'd love to try one out first.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Seriously doubt it and the only bikes I know of that rent out are HD and some dirt bikes. You could at best get a test ride but you would have to have a state mc endorsement.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I came across some dudes who had rented a BMW and a silver Africa Twin somewhere in Colorado... the one on the left...

I'm afraid I didn't ask them where they rented it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great maybe some one will know where. I noticed your tat sticker, hope u had fun, we did it coast to coast last year and had a great time, my son on a DRZ and I rode a BMW 650,, took us 18 days riding. Averaged a little over 300 miles a day. A couple days were over 400 miles, Great FUN!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Great maybe some one will know where. I noticed your tat sticker, hope u had fun, we did it coast to coast last year and had a great time, my son on a DRZ and I rode a BMW 650,, took us 18 days riding. Averaged a little over 300 miles a day. A couple days were over 400 miles, Great FUN!
It was rad. Check out http://www.jasonwd.com/ for the full juice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Motoquest has ATs to rent, they've got locations all over the west coast and up in Alaska too. I rented an AT from them up in Anchorage for two weeks in 2016. Show up with all your stuff, load up the bike with the included panniers, ride off, come back, drop off the bike, and be on your way. All very smooth and easy operation. If you're using it as a way to test ride the bike just know that those bikes get ridden hard and are all pretty high mileage as well. They maintain them well though. That's how I ended up with my ATAS, two weeks on the original 2016 AT and I knew I had to have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts