Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me is there a louder horn I can replace like for like with original.i know about Deneli but don’t want to hv to start rewiring or putting on extra fuses or having to pull off half the fairing to route wires.Just want to take Oem horn off and replace with bit louder.Oem is crap and actually dangerous.Any advice welcome.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Get the Denali Mini Horn. No wiring required. Direct swap. $29.99

I have the Denali Compact Soundbomb and the wiring took 2 minutes. It's routing the wires that took some time because I wanted to route the wires under the tank, not pushing/squeezing the wires to the tank's side.

BTW, I LOVE the Compact Soundbomb!!! So awesome!!!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Second the Denali Soundbomb Compact. It's extremely loud, and has a custom bracket for the AT that mounts on left side of the engine.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the Denali Mini as well, but would like a European style horn with the high dual-tone sound. Anyone know where to get one like that?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Get the Denali Mini Horn. No wiring required. Direct swap. $29.99

I have the Denali Compact Soundbomb and the wiring took 2 minutes. It's routing the wires that took some time because I wanted to route the wires under the tank, not pushing/squeezing the wires to the tank's side.

BTW, I LOVE the Compact Soundbomb!!! So awesome!!!
Heya, Nemesis: A bit confused as you said "no wiring required" and also "it's routing the wires that took some time".

I also just finished chatting with a Revzilla rep and this is what he said:

"- So, direct fitment and no wiring work needed confirmed?"
"- No, it's a universal fit part, so it's not a direct fit. And because there is no plug and play harness for the non-air horns, you will have to tap the wires from that horn into your stock wiring harness."

I'm a bit confused now...

Never mind... Found it! https://youtu.be/zVU4KPGmjfw

·
Registered
6 Posts
I put a used horn from my Toyota Tundra on mine. Same wires, same location, way way louder. Cost $0. Tundra has two. Most people get out of your way with one horn. If you don’t have a truck, go to a junk yard grab any horn for a few bucks. Try it.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was thinking same thing.horn out of my Toyota hiace biut it had only one wire coming of it.AT has 2,I think?

·
Registered
800 Posts
Stebel Nautilus low tone.....fits straight on, nothing extra needed and you just need to bend the connections 90 % for a perfect fit. Just make sure you have the open end pointed downwards.....saves filling it with water. Don’t ask how I know...:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts