Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have to do something about my suspension primarily the fork. its just too soft and falls through the stroke and bottoms excessively hard.

So I'm considering full ohlins replacement units but just wondering if the Nix30 replacement cartridges for the stock forks are a better option as they are the same cartriges as the Ohlins Forks. In theory they should perform very similarly in the AT forks.

or am I missing something?

Cheers
Nusk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm wondering the same... here's what I considered so far:

Pro's to full fork swap:
Less labor (bolts right up)
Less stiction (higher quality coatings)
Looks (Ohlins bling!)

Con's to full fork swap:
Higher cost ($3k vs $1300)

·
Registered
465 Posts
I'm wondering the same... here's what I considered so far:

Pro's to full fork swap:
Less labor (bolts right up)
Less stiction (higher quality coatings)
Looks (Ohlins bling!)

Con's to full fork swap:
Higher cost ($3k vs $1300)
The Ohlins cost $3K?!!!!:surprise:

Gad dangit!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
TT are overpriced , new set of Andreani (öhlins style) are round about 550 euro .

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know I'm chiming in late on this one. That said have you considered just changing up for stiffer fork springs? That's what I did. I put in a stiffer set of springs from Yacquar. Out of Europe it was less than USD 200 delivered. Plenty of stock adjustment for pre load and compression. The only issue I have is the stock rebound dampening isn't enough so I may end up revalving for that so the overall cost will increase a bit. In the end may still be a less expensive option.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Ohlins fork cartridges installed in my stock Honda forks. They work great and I no longer need to get on the ground to adjust the compression settings in both forks. I was originally going to get the Ohlins forks but after being told Ohlins was having supply problems with one of the fork components and being told there was no known time when the forks would be available again, I decided to go with the cartridge kit. I also didn't like the fact that if I would have got the Ohlins forks I would also need to buy a new set of Ohlins fork springs for my weight, because Ohlins only ships the forks with just one spring rate. Didn't much like the fact I would have a $150.00 set of springs that weren't worth anything to me sitting in my shed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts