Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a hairline crack in one of my OEM hand guards today which comes as no surprise because they appear to be a cheap and nasty item that was specified by a bean counter, not an engineer. Whats most frustrating, I can't remember bumping it and there's no visible evidence of any physical contact. Maybe I ran into a fly :wink2:

Anyway, gripes aside, does anyone have any advice re fitting bark busters or opting for the Givi or similar hand guards?

I'm favouring the Givi's because on paper they will be a simple replacement for the OEM items and appear to be more robust and provide improved weather protection which is my primary aim.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Highway Dirt Bike guards rock and the optional folding mirrors are fantastic. This setup is expensive but extremely strong and meant for the rider who loves to take his Queen into the bush.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg, I read your comments in another thread re the EE guards and did a quick google search but couldn't find them. Loved your pictures too btw, with predicted 39C today and 41 the next 2 days the snow looked very welcoming. You certainly get all the seasons over there!
Thanks to everyone for their advice, now to see whats available locally.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Greg, I read your comments in another thread re the EE guards and did a quick google search but couldn't find them. Loved your pictures too btw, with predicted 39C today and 41 the next 2 days the snow looked very welcoming. You certainly get all the seasons over there!
Thanks to everyone for their advice, now to see whats available locally.
the basic idea
https://shop.enduroeng.com/cgi-bin/commerce.cgi?search=action&category=10_0

thanks for the feedback..we're in the pluses too, but, there's a ton of snow still, so the AT is staying as is. I'll likely take the 300 out this weekend.

I've installed these on my FJ09 to replace the comical OEM hand guards. They fit right up to my renthal fat bar.

Like I said, I do have to change the plastic deflectors once a season ( I drive into trees all the time:surprise:) but the aluminum wrap around have survived three and a half seasons of **** and abuse on three different ktms.

·
Administrator
1,750 Posts
Barkbuster with Storm plastics on both mine and my wife's AT's. They get the job done, keep the wind off better than the OEM.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Highway Dirt Bike guards rock and the optional folding mirrors are fantastic. This setup is expensive but extremely strong and meant for the rider who loves to take his Queen into the bush.
Hello, I think the HDB setup looks great but do you know if they would work with DCT 2018?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Another vote here for the Barkbusters with Storm covers. I like the discreet logo on them, doesn’t scream aftermarket parts. They suit the AT perfect. Just fitted mine the other day. There’s a good detailed thread here if you have any install issues. I can say that overall the install is quite straight forward and instructions are pretty clear and accurate.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had trouble locating them online up here in Canada too. But I managed to get them from the dealership I bought my bike from at about 10 bucks more than online pricing. I'd check some local brick and mortar stores in your area. Chances are someone or multiple places are sitting on some stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts