Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to brighten up my twin on a budget. Has anyone tried replacing the standard US incandescent turn signal bulbs with LED replacement bulbs? I'm finding several options in the 1156 and 1157 type bulbs which appear to be what is in the twin. I have a 2017 DCT model.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The LEDs have low resistance so you will get fast flashing. That is not DOT-approved but it may not bother you. Replacing the flasher controller (to fix the fast flashing) is a pain as it is buried deep inside the bike and requires removal of the fuel tank to access. Make sure the replacement bulbs are 12V; the OEM Euro LEDs are not.

Check my thread history if you want to read a lot more about my saga of fitting OEM Euro blinkers.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I swapped for aftermarket LEDs (almost identical to OEMs) and did not encounter fast flashing. Please use the search function and search for my posts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LED Turn Signal Update

OK, I put some 1156 LED's in the standard USA turn signals. These here on Amazon
KaTur 2pcs 900 Lumens 1156 BA15S 7506 1073 1095 1141 Base Super Bright 3014 78SMD Lens LED Bulbs Brake Turn Signal
a $25 investment for 4 of them. I'm very happy with the increased visibility and the blink speed, while faster than the OEM bulbs they are not too fast. Looks like emergency vehicle flashers. Pic below has both OEM and LED bulbs. While I still lust for the OEM LED signals this will pacify me till they work their way up to the top of my upgrade/mod spreadsheet. Happy Trails.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts