Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a nice scratch on the sticker next to the left headlight. Does anyone have experience in blending in the scratch with the rest of the sticker, or getting them replaced?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Blue sharpie, blue touch up paint, decal kits, wrap kits, live with it, cover with a different sticker, apply a bandaid over damage,.....

I like the mud idea.

Im not so worried any longer, but early on, my front faring got scraped by some branches. I just touched it up with blue paint.

·
Registered
539 Posts
... the "Splash Mud" is crazy - that it even exists. ¯\(°_o)/¯
My dad is into model building.... Model railroad building. There's guys out there who put alot of effort into making things look authentic. Making rivets look dirty, rust, paint chips, exhaust staining, so I can understand from that viewpoint, not the Starbucks fake dirt cred however.

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have genuine sympathy for the original poster... Yeah, it's awful when you get that sinking feeling after the otherwise pristine machine gets a boo-boo. Amphib's replies would have been my thoughts also... Anyway, there's the freedom that comes with just going with the scrape and ding which makes one less afraid to get more and then probably having more fun in the process not focusing on being so careful... Also helps when you're committed to the machine so trade-in value isn't meaningful .... Good luck -

EDIT - in the world of sophisticated toys I've typically erred on the side of being too careful ....most of you AT forum folks are probably having more fun with your beastie than me... I've still never had the gurl drop down to the ground after two years and I'm almost looking forward (but not really! :oops: ) to that day and hoping it doesn't snap a leg in the process. Reminds me, for years and years old airplanes were typically restored with the goal of getting the close to the factory original look... then folks thought, "Hey, why don't we just preserve it in the condition and with the look of when it just came out of service?"... and wouldn't that be more interesting?:)

·
Registered
479 Posts
CowboyState - this happened last summer to our brand-new $14,000 Pioneer P700 SxS... summer storm ... frame damaged... totaled.... not insured... now THAT'S a boo-boo...

·
Registered
2016 Honda CRF 1000L Manual
723 Posts
CowboyState - this happened last summer to our brand-new $14,000 Pioneer P700 SxS... summer storm ... frame damaged... totaled.... not insured... now THAT'S a boo-boo...
Yikes...was anyone in the machine? I'm 6'6" and I would have had one he!! of a headache after that run-in.

·
Premium Member
2018 Africatwin adventure sports. There is no special customization.
124 Posts
I got a nice scratch on the sticker next to the left headlight. Does anyone have experience in blending in the scratch with the rest of the sticker, or getting them replaced?

View attachment 63292
Replacing the stickers is a simple task.
Don't be discouraged if you scrape the cowl, it's fun to repair it as if it were a plastic model.

thx.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,190 Posts
The OEM stickers are on with a semipermanent glue, so just some heat from a hairdryer or heat gun and slowly pull them off. They come off fairly easy, just keep them warm and slow constant pressure they’ll pull off with no glue left behind..

@TETSUHIRO Where did you get the spray from?

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
The OEM stickers are on with a semipermanent glue, so just some heat from a hairdryer or heat gun and slowly pull them off. They come off fairly easy, just keep them warm and slow constant pressure they’ll pull off with no glue left behind..

@TETSUHIRO Where did you get the spray from?
Hi! Mr.AT-Dragon
This paint is the genuine Africa Twin color spray paint sold by Daytona.
I'm not sure if it's sold overseas, but I'll give you the model number.

Pearl Glare White (H68P)
+ Pearl coat (PB18)
+ Clear coat (urethane/acrylic) paint will be required.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,190 Posts
Hi! Mr.AT-Dragon
This paint is the genuine Africa Twin color spray paint sold by Daytona.
I'm not sure if it's sold overseas, but I'll give you the model number.

Pearl Glare White (H68P)
+ Pearl coat (PB18)
+ Clear coat (urethane/acrylic) paint will be required.

Thanks

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
3,190 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Can you explain what happened to your cowling and how you fixed it? Also where did you order the sticker?

I really want to fix it up myself but can't find videos on how to do it.
I bought it directly from a Honda dealership. You need a parts list to buy it by mail order, but there are some places that sell it online. For reference.

86644-MJP-E50ZA

1 - 20 of 21 Posts