Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm outside of Portland and have been looking at the leftover 2017 bikes. Around here they are ~$9K with warranty and since I am coming back to the sport that is a tempting entry point. I understand they were updated in 2018 and again in 2020 but nothing that I see to really need. My last bike was a liter class sport tourer with 90 bhp so I'm not intimidated by the size though it's been two decades.

I'm not looking for anything more adventurous than fireroads.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,125 Posts
I'm outside of Portland and have been looking at the leftover 2017 bikes. Around here they are ~$9K with warranty and since I am coming back to the sport that is a tempting entry point. I understand they were updated in 2018 and again in 2020 but nothing that I see to really need. My last bike was a liter class sport tourer with 90 bhp so I'm not intimidated by the size though it's been two decades.

I'm not looking for anything more adventurous than fireroads.

Luke ... I mean Clackamas once you cross over to the dark side there is no going back...
so welcome..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AT-Long,

I was at a local dealer and he had a bunch of old Hondas mounted near the ceiling. I counted three that I had owned previously. A CB200T in the silver with maroon highlights, a 450 twin, and a 550/4 with a Yoshimura kit in it. I ended up standing on the 550 as it skidded across a road in the Florida keys. The marketer who came up with the slogan "you meet the nicest people on a Honda" did not have me in mind.

·
Registered
117 Posts
10 Year hiatus for me. Just recently got back in the saddle (Aug 15). Whole outlook about riding is different, meaning I go when I want, wherever, more relaxed outlook. Wish the ATAS was available sooner! Over the hill but still thoroughly enjoy the ride 10 min. or 2 hrs. Guess I'm a 'been there did that kind of person':

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
" I go when I want, wherever," That was me prior to the ring thing.

As I am new to the PNW I know that wandering around on a bike will let me better understand the area.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought a new, leftover 2017 for about $8500 a few weeks ago. I don't see how you can go wrong at such a low price point for what is agreed upon to be a great bike. Just depends on whether you can live without the latest farkles while saving seven grand...

Heck, I bought the CRF 450X when it first released in 2005 for $7k. The AT seems like a bargain in comparison...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts