Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for feedback on what riders are replacing their stock footpegs with. I want to replace my tiny stock footpegs with something larger and preferably with removable rubber foot pads. I bought a set of SW-Motech Evo adjustable footpegs(about $169) but when they arrived by UPS, I thought there was a brick in the box! Those pegs are soooo darn heavy. Sure they look great and have an aggressive rubber footpad, but they would negate all the weight I saved by replacing my exhaust with my Remus Okami slip on. I returned them immediately! SW-Motech also sells a non adjustable peg with removable rubber footpad, but the footpad looks flat and smooth with small grooves for limited traction. It also may be heavy like its EVO brother. I read hear that Knight Designs sells footpegs, but hey are almost $200. I ended up ordering IMS Super Stock pegs for now. They don't have rubber inserts, but they do have a large platform and a less aggressive grip pattern so they won't eat up the bottom of my shoes. All thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hmm, thanks for answering that question I had. I thought they'd be heavy given what they need to be able to do and with all that adjustability...

Fastway makes some nice pegs. I've used them on my Super Tenere and considering them for my AT... https://fastwayperformance.com/foot...honda-africa-twin-evo-air-footpegs-black.html

I am looking for feedback on what riders are replacing their stock footpegs with. I want to replace my tiny stock footpegs with something larger and preferably with removable rubber foot pads. I bought a set of SW-Motech Evo adjustable footpegs(about $169) but when they arrived by UPS, I thought there was a brick in the box! Those pegs are soooo darn heavy. Sure they look great and have an aggressive rubber footpad, but they would negate all the weight I saved by replacing my exhaust with my Remus Okami slip on. I returned them immediately! SW-Motech also sells a non adjustable peg with removable rubber footpad, but the footpad looks flat and smooth with small grooves for limited traction. It also may be heavy like its EVO brother. I read hear that Knight Designs sells footpegs, but hey are almost $200. I ended up ordering IMS Super Stock pegs for now. They don't have rubber inserts, but they do have a large platform and a less aggressive grip pattern so they won't eat up the bottom of my shoes. All thoughts and feedback is greatly appreciated. Cheers!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I installed the IMS super stock pegs on my AT. I have them on my Honda CRF250X as well so I don't miss the rubber inserts. I haven't had any problems with the IMS pegs tearing up my boots but then again I haven't done any serious off road riding with the AT and if I did with the stock pegs I would be taking the rubber inserts out for off road.

·
Registered
979 Posts
I have the IMS supersport pegs on mine and like them. A good platform for the foot, significant grip and bite, and I too have not noticed any additional wear and tear on my boots.

I've had the SW Motech ones on a previous bike and really liked them since they take a bit more of the vibration out of the bottom of the boot.

Reactions: Guyzer

·
Registered
63 Posts
I too have the IMS SuperStocks on my AT and find them to be absolutely all I need, at a reasonable price. There are no traction screws to adjust or fall out. You just install them on the bike exactly like the stock pegs and ride.

Footpegs are something you should not have to think about while riding.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have the Pivot Pegz which have their pluses and minuses. My riding is predominantly on road.

They have a larger platform which I find more comfortable. I like the pivoting ability, when standing and when using the foot pedals, as they are spring-loaded they center automatically.
There are no rubber foot pads. I purchased the additional Pegz toppers, however they are a hard plastic and require 4 small zip ties to connect each topper to the Peg.
The Pivot Pegz sit slightly further out from the bike and some have noted they find this off putting as placement of the feet is slightly wider apart. Didn’t bother me although was aware that when leaning the bike significantly more likely to ground the Pegz.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Black Dog's billet platform pegs. Spendy but beefy billet construction and removable threaded spikes for added boot traction make for a nice supportive perch. The dimensions of the pegs make standing for long periods a non issue, and actually allow more leverage in weight transitions for turn in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Decided to go with Al Baker's XR only pegs. They come in black or red with polished sides. The price can't be beat either! The IMS Super Stock pegs I order were on back order for about a month so these were almost the same but a whole lot cheaper, and the guys at Al Bakers were pretty cool! Give em a call!

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Snowbubble
I am planning on replacing my factory pegs with Pivot Pegz in preparation for a trip down the Strezlecki Track ( lots of gravel) And note that they (Pivot Pegz) are offering “free” toppers with the pegs. My question is, are the Toppers of any value, I.e. easier on your boots, or are you just as well off with the serrated pegs?
Thanks
Travelling man

·
Registered
727 Posts
Why do you want rubber inserts?
IMS Super Stock are high quality and inexpensive.
I feel no vibration through my boots with the IMS pegs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I went with the Touretech works foot pegs. They are pricy but are goog quality and I got sick of trying to find a set that fits and wont chew my boots. There is not a lot to choose from in AUS. unless you want import. Just my 2 cents worth.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
I tried the SW Motech ones and they stuck out way too far. I have since replaced them with the SW Motech enlarges that bolt over the top of the stock pegs. I like this very well. Pics below. First is of the SW Motech replacement peg and you can see how far they stick out over stock. I know we WANT bigger pegs, but look at where your foot rests.

NC

1 - 20 of 43 Posts