Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just picked up my new red AT DCT two days ago. Spent a while with the manual getting familiar with the settings and controls and took it our for its maiden run today. I have Harley touring bikes but wanted to add this for inspired side trips. I also have a few Honda XR's that I have picked up over the years. I looked at the many options of adventure bikes but felt the Honda fit best in my garage, no color clashes :grin2:

Cheers to all!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats! Love my Harley but the dirt roads don't love it. They need to come back out with the old military dirt bike that they did years ago. I hear that they are in great demand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have a Streetglide in the garage. I am in the same boat as you. I'll be heading to Hood River soon, staying in Parkdale and exploring Mt. Hood. I can't wait!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have such an amazing amount of roads in the NW for these bikes. Clackamas River highway then over to Timothy Lake, Lolo Pass between zig zag and Hood River. Plenty of pavement but not gonna make it without some dirt involved. The Dunlops are coming off and the Shinko 804,5's are going on!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No kidding Cutter, my yard is a lake. You are going to have a lot of great riding in the coast range I bet!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Flyer, the coast range is o.k. we like to extend down into NorCal in the Trinity region. Superb riding around Trinity Center, Etna, Forks of salmon etc. riding the Scott Mts., Klamath Mts. and a host of other mts. There's a dandy camp on the Trinity, I think (map not in front of me) its at Eagle Creek, a tributary of the Trinity north of Trinity Center.

The other area I like is the north eastern part of Oregon around John Day. The Blue Mts. and the Strawbery Mts. have some excellent single track paved/unpaved roads and good trout fishing. Good camp on the south side of the Strawberry Mts.

There's several of us Oregoons on this site, maybe we can schedule a get together when the weather gets cooperative.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cutter, I have road west and east of Redding on the country roads on my Harley. Beautiful, I could only imagine the backroad tracks. Eastern Oregon is amazing all of those places you mention awesome. I like the open without being closed in completely by the trees. The Alvord desert, Steens Mt. could be added to your list. The West is full of amazing places. I have three sons on KLR650's newbies to dual sport but good at dirt bikes that we are prepping up for some travels. It would always be fun to explore with other like minded souls.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts