Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
It does seem counterintuitive but it works. I wear running tights (light ones) under my riding gear and it helps prevent rash and scratches from the gear moving repetitively and chaffing and allows for sweat to wick away and cool the body.

Not sure what sort of pants you wear but the knee armour in my suit protects my knees pretty well although I understand where you are coming from. I can feel the sun burning the tops of my legs on days such as we have experienced recently.

It may seem counterintuitive but I wear silk leggings and top under my suit. I read an article a while back about a racing team out in Spain wearing the same gear under their leathers when the track side temperatures were in the 40's. The company I bought mine from are in the UK but I guess it can be found online.

They certainly make getting into and out of both my Rallye Pro suit and my leathers easy when the body gets sweaty and sticky.

·
Registered
70 Posts
My buddy loves his cooling vest, but I don't use those. My tip for riding in the heat is really to spend some time in the gym to do cardio. I ride frequently in extreme weather and I notice a BIG difference how my personal fitness level is.

However, the Jacket of my choice is the Klim Induction which is for me the best hot weather jacket ever. Above 45 Celsius I sometimes wear the wind stopper under the mesh jacket to keep the hot air out.

Here are some pictures of a day-trip I did with my AT. I drank 10+ liters that day and never had to pee :)

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
My buddy loves his cooling vest, but I don't use those. My tip for riding in the heat is really to spend some time in the gym to do cardio. I ride frequently in extreme weather and I notice a BIG difference how my personal fitness level is.

However, the Jacket of my choice is the Klim Induction which is for me the best hot weather jacket ever. Above 45 Celsius I sometimes wear the wind stopper under the mesh jacket to keep the hot air out.

Here are some pictures of a day-trip I did with my AT. I drank 10+ liters that day and never had to pee :)

cardio.... my cardio is walking to the fridge...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hahahaha, you guys are too funny :grin2:
Just yesterday I did 5 hours of cardio. I do this long cardio workouts only 2-3 per year, but this helps me a lot to know what my fitness level is right now. When I am not in shape I avoid risks like riding in the dunes and things like that during the summer. It is extremely hot here and when you have a problem in the desert it can get way more dangerous when you can't deal with the heat. For example repairing a flat tire is a real workout at 120F without shade !!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts