Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Off to Europe in a couple of weeks, learned from last trip to pick up the Auto Toll Tag for France .. question is where is best place to attach .. wasnt really wanting it on display thought i may get away with it being on my jacket but from what i am reading this wont work. If i attached to the screen i reckon i will manage one stop before i forget to remove it .. any thots/experiences

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi

I used one earlier this year. Simply put it in my top pocket, the same way up as if it was attached to a windscreen. Just approach the barriers slowly and in the middle of the lane. Worked perfectly

Mike

·
Registered
170 Posts
I haven't driven in France since 2000 - and the toll booths were all manual. I learned pretty quickly to carry a credit card because they would never give proper change from cash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Can’t comment on France but why ride the toll roads? In the states I avoid toll roads, the best and most scenic routes seem to be the “old highways” built before the toll roads...they both get you to the same places. Maybe if you are just trying to get from point A to B toll roads are faster. Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
445 Posts
You could also use the tank bag, if you have one. I use to put my Telepass device (that's the corresponding device in Italy) in the tank bag, placed above all other items so that it can pickup radio signal from the toll gate.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@CRider you are quite correct and that will be the route 90% of time ... toll roads may become necessary and after the faff I had in May I decided to go tooled up :)
@deltabi ... I was thinking that as well I shall try the top pocket that way it will always be on me .. if it fails I shall try the tank bag

Thanks folks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts