Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
That chain looks a little off-kilter as well. What were the dynamics of your off? Fast or slow?
As slow as it gets. The chain was off kilter as the chain carrier bearing blew and destroyed the carrier....in the middle of nowhere. I did a road side fix and got 100 metres before it blew off again. I was parked. Even with the side stand enlarger, it sunk and went over. My crashes never come with a great story. I think in reality I prefer the boring ones. That F800 saw a lot lie-down time. Funny enough, it always went left.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Beautiful machine... hope no long term injuries.....I've still never dropped mine and pics like these are getting spookier.... I hope when she finally goes over she doesn't rip my leg off just to make up for lost naps .... :oops:
Thank you Fuzzcat. Its been 6 days and I'm going to be fine soon. I wrote about calf strain, its the hamstring in the back of my thigh that suffered. Hurts to sit and bend over to tie my shoes. Drove stick shift car this morning and had to contort my leg to push in the clutch. The back of my head still aches a little, just rang my bell pretty good and completely knocked the wind out of me. Never got dizzy or fainted though, When I felt that leg pull, just kind of concentrated on protecting it and let the rest of my body just fall. On the way down I really thought the muddy ground would be softer.:rolleyes:.
Oh my. That stuff is slick as snot. I do not enjoy riding 2 wheels anywhere near wet leaves on soft soil. It's not a question of if...just when.
You're not kidding. I really like your pics, and the one showing where yours rested in relation to the geography is a great photo.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Here is my story:

Last weekend took a ride to the Taylor Park area. As usual I take “the path of most resistance“ and try to hit dirt on the way to wherever I am going, then again on the way home. I got to try out my GoPro this time.

Anyway, on the way I was on Goose Creek Road south of Bailey, cruising through the Hayman fire area and literally thinking about this thread. Down I go. I thought the GoPro was turned off, but bonus! It was on and recorded my mishap.

Along comes a gentleman named Chuck who helped me get the bike up AND gave me a strap which allowed me to secure the case and continue.

Rookie mistake - got a little complacent, caught up in the scenery and my thoughts and rear simply slid out. Wouldn’t have it any other way. 😊

Bookem

Goose Creek Rd Crash

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,419 Posts
Anyway, on the way I was on Goose Creek Road south of Bailey, cruising through the Hayman fire area and literally thinking about this thread. Down I go. I thought the GoPro was turned off, but bonus! It was on and recorded my mishap.
Love Goose Creek Road. But I never think about it as being "South of Bailey." For us, I guess we are always going the other way and think of it as "Near Deckers" or exiting "Near Lake George," since we always go through there and into Woodland Park and loop back up 67 toward home :)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.