Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just in case you were looking for this...

MAPQUEST -- Free

Saves time ... Share routes

Florida Springs 28 degrees north route (see first 6 pics)

Example: To Avoid Crash zones (see last 3 pics)

Attachments

·
Registered
110 Posts
I have two apps I use. One to create a route on the computer and make a gpx file. Then upload to to my phone and follow the track using another.

"Ride with GPS" is a awesome route maker in the free version. all kinds of maps with roads and forestry roads not visible on google maps. The paid version is a subscription but it would do everything I want and more in one app.

Then I use "GPX viewer" to see and follow on my phone, Plus this app has a built in recorder. I did buy the pro version of this which has offline maps and a few other features.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I use Waze for Hazards and police
I use "my radar" for weather (without ad version for domestic and international weather and other phenomena)
I use Pandora for music
I have used Google maps as the navigation --- I will use MAPQUEST for the time being
I control it all through Siri -- Hey Siri, Open Waze, Hey Siri Open My Radar, etc...

MAPQUEST routing is free, so I thought I would mention it.
I was able to upload random addresses and it created route, roundtrip, with costs, miles, time.
Then I was able to share (text link) and use the route.

I was concerned that it might fall short on re-route, "static route only", but it worked on re-routing.
Old but new again ...

https://www.mapquest.com/routeplanner

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
3,006 Posts
I’ve used Garmin Base Camp and some German one for the PC ( can’t think of the name of it ) it links with google earth and Mapquest, it’s pretty good, you can route twisty’s or dirt/gravel and it will save it in a few formats for all the major GPS manufacturers

Reactions: ORVdaveVA
1 - 9 of 9 Posts