Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,780 Posts
Long way down to the ignition key. :)

At least it is harder to snatch it from you while stopped at an intersection.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I'm 5'7 and I find the bars as dealer delivered were too close to me when standing - like they are in my lap.
I rolled the bars forward until the first bend out of the risers is parallel (slightly back) with the fork legs. Lots of room when standing now and the bars are higher (though more forward) when sitting.
For the record - I hate bar risers and pivot pegs.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm 5'7 and I find the bars as dealer delivered were too close to me when standing - like they are in my lap.
I rolled the bars forward until the first bend out of the risers is parallel (slightly back) with the fork legs. Lots of room when standing now and the bars are higher (though more forward) when sitting.
For the record - I hate bar risers and pivot pegs.
I originally fitted rox risers, ended up taking them off & fitting KTM 500 dirt bike bars, wow what a difference that made, bikes much more flickable now, I,m 185cm & now are in the correct position now for riding in the dirt & standing, with the roxs risers the bike felt like a lazy cruiser & ruined the dynamics of the bike, I can see now why adventure bike instructors say that risers shouldnt be used unless your a giraffe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts