Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I love the Enfields, but I had the displeasure of owning a Bullet 350: They look and feel great, but the issues with quality are constant, and maddening because the dealer support is nil. Kickstart lever broke. Shock mount weld failed under normal on-road riding. Electrical problems traced to bare wires in the harness shorting....etc.etc. The original Bullet was a trials champion....I really like the Himalayan as well, just hope they have vastly stepped up their quality.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
... just hope they have vastly stepped up their quality.
That seems to be the focus with these bikes. They are completely new designs from RE's new engineering department which used to be just a few enthusiasts, but now they are over 100 and well supported. But yes, without a better dealership network they may not be a good investment for someone just entering motorcycling. I'm 62 and there is a dealer in the Dallas area 350 miles away. I can see myself getting one maybe next summer. Not decided yet.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You may have to wait: So far neither the twins nor the Himalayan are available in the US...
"Helping riders to overcome their concerns will almost certainly be the new motorcycles’ price tag. Both models are expected to hit North America in summer 2018 with a targeted price range of US $5,000 - $7,000. The bikes will hit Europe before that – in April – though pricing information is not yet available."

https://rideapart.com/articles/royal-enfield-rolls-two-twin-powered-motorcycles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts