Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been given running in advice?
I'm up to 240 miles now and have no idea how the procedure is different to all my other bikes, cant get consistent advice anywhere.
Anyone got Honda advice?

·
Registered
68 Posts
I was told to keep it below 6k for the first 600 miles, I was not gentle with it just did not over rev it during the running in process, I did change the oil and filter after the first 50 miles but that is what I always do when I get a new bike.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just ride it!

It's just a bike, nothing technically spectacular, so don't get too hung up on it.

My advice? Get the miles on it, don't labour the engine (i.e too high gear and too low rpm), keep the revs up (4000rpm ish) and use the gears lots (you're bedding the gearbox in too!) and above all, take the long twisty route home, and absolutely do not sit on the motorway cranking the miles up.

Above all, have fun, use it.

Bob

·
Registered
208 Posts
My advice? Get the miles on it, don't labour the engine (i.e too high gear and too low rpm), keep the revs up (4000rpm ish) and use the gears lots (you're bedding the gearbox in too!) and above all, take the long twisty route home, and absolutely do not sit on the motorway cranking the miles up.

Good advice imho and more or less what I am doing with mine at the moment. Honda say the running in procedure is only for 300 miles. Page 12 on the European handbook.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just ride it the way you want to ride it in the future. That's is what I did. With no exagerations..

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just ride it, a little bit mechanical sympathy is useful ie up to 4,000 rpm, after 800 miles give it the beans. Its made for it, afterall when your beasting it across the piste nad come to fesh fesh you'll be on the limiter.

M

1 - 9 of 9 Posts