Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have had a Saddlemen seat on my old KLR650 and have a Sargent seat on my 2019 AT. On the KLR I did not like the Saddlemen seat and replaced it with a Sargent. The Sargent seat, for me, is very comfortable and I highly recommend it. I can ride all day without discomfort. The Saddlemen seat for the AT may be different than the one I had for my KLR. I found that the KLR Saddlemen was more rounded and concentrated more pressure and did not distribute my weight nearly as well as the Sargent seat. The Sargent seat for my KLR is very similar to the Sargent seat on my AT.

·
Super Moderator
6,354 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you for your Replies gentlemen .. ive decided to go ahead with the saddleman
Adventure Track Seat with Lumbar Rest.
it would take over a month to come to India .. so will have to wait awhile before i can give my review on it ..seemed very comfortable , especially with the adjustable / detachable Lumbar support .. its cost me a lot to import it ..hope it pays off .. fingers and toes crossed

·
Administrator
3,288 Posts
thank you for your Replies gentlemen .. ive decided to go ahead with the saddleman
Adventure Track Seat with Lumbar Rest.
it would take over a month to come to India .. so will have to wait awhile before i can give my review on it ..seemed very comfortable , especially with the adjustable / detachable Lumbar support .. its cost me a lot to import it ..hope it pays off .. fingers and toes crossed
I have a buddy who is fond of saying that there is a seat for every @ss and an @ss for every seat.

The long and short of it being that everyone is going to have a different opinion of the fit and comfort of a seat based on your own annotomy.

For some it can be a bit of a journey and others get lucky and are fine with the stock seat.

May you be lucky with the Saddleman and it be the seat that works for you on the first try!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a buddy who is fond of saying that there is a seat for every @ss and an @ss for every seat.

The long and short of it being that everyone is going to have a different opinion of the fit and comfort of a seat based on your own annotomy.

For some it can be a bit of a journey and others get lucky and are fine with the stock seat.

May you be lucky with the Saddleman and it be the seat that works for you on the first try!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
thats a very wise saying ... thank you for your wish sir .. i hope my ass gets lucky .. (wait that doesn't sound right ;))

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
..that would be my country .. its extremely entertaining and educational to ride in India .. although seeing three Ass's on a motorcycle is not common , you will be surprised to see how much we have managed to carry on a
100 cc motorcycle, to the point of being embarrassed of my pioneers .. If you havent ridden in India before ..its An Adventure riders Must Places to visit ..

·
Registered
585 Posts
..that would be my country .. its extremely entertaining and educational to ride in India .. although seeing three Ass's on a motorcycle is not common , you will be surprised to see how much we have managed to carry on a
100 cc motorcycle, to the point of being embarrassed of my pioneers .. If you havent ridden in India before ..its An Adventure riders Must Places to visit ..
From pictures I have seen over the years I am not sure which is more amazing, getting everything in the picture on a small motorcycle or the bike being able to move under its own power after it is loaded. It makes a person wonder what an AT or GS might do with a proportional load.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Namaste, i got my saddlemen adventure touring seat with lumbar support and these are my initial thoughts on it

its comfortable ..no doubt .. i need to still go on a long ride to truly gauge its comfort ..with the stock seat i would go 200 to 300 km before my butt started to hurt .. need to go on a long ride to truly see the difference ..but within the city its been very comfortable ..

the lumbar support is more an aesthetic rather than functional, because my body position on the AT, it doesn't allow me to lean back too much on it .. so its only on stops or signals that i can lean backwards and feel the support .

The seat i received was the first of its kind ..so it took a little effort to slip it into place ..

also , a little design flaw i noticed is that the middle channel, a slot between the gel pads .. designed so, for comfort and support to the butt cheeks ..its functional ..but because of the empty channel ..it will collect water during rain .,. theres no way for the collected water to seep out .. so guess i would have to live with it ..

Also be careful of the height you choose ..im 5'11 and i choose the regular height seat and found it a little taller than the stock regular height, so i find myself tip toeing a bit now ..i dont flat foot like how i used to on stock low seat level ..in retrospect i should have ordered the low seat.

other than these negative points ..everything is great about the seat .. look and finish is really good and i believe its very comfortable and looks good too as a whole on the bike.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Namaste, i got my saddlemen adventure touring seat with lumbar support and these are my initial thoughts on it

its comfortable ..no doubt .. i need to still go on a long ride to truly gauge its comfort ..with the stock seat i would go 200 to 300 km before my butt started to hurt .. need to go on a long ride to truly see the difference ..but within the city its been very comfortable ..

the lumbar support is more an aesthetic rather than functional, because my body position on the AT, it doesn't allow me to lean back too much on it .. so its only on stops or signals that i can lean backwards and feel the support .

The seat i received was the first of its kind ..so it took a little effort to slip it into place ..

also , a little design flaw i noticed is that the middle channel, a slot between the gel pads .. designed so, for comfort and support to the butt cheeks ..its functional ..but because of the empty channel ..it will collect water during rain .,. theres no way for the collected water to seep out .. so guess i would have to live with it ..

Also be careful of the height you choose ..im 5'11 and i choose the regular height seat and found it a little taller than the stock regular height, so i find myself tip toeing a bit now ..i dont flat foot like how i used to on stock low seat level ..in retrospect i should have ordered the low seat.

other than these negative points ..everything is great about the seat .. look and finish is really good and i believe its very comfortable and looks good too as a whole on the bike.
That regular seat height isn't just a little taller :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I wish the lines if the seat matched the lines on the bike as well. But the back part of the seat makes it more comfy imo.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts