Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. Very excited about getting my new AT. I ordered a silver DCT from a Vegas dealer. Projected delivery is May. Been riding for 42 years now and this bike will be bike # 43 for the record. Grew up in the dirt of So-Cal, Simi Valley to be specific, and put a lot of that experience to good use cafe racing in the canyons of the Santa Monicas (Mulholland, Encinal, Latigo, Deer Creek, etc., before the squids over ran them.) Now live in the high desert southwest just NW of Vegas, lots of backyard moto available here. Jimmy Lewis runs his Taste Of Dakar out of the valley here.
I traded in my redneck adventure bike (farkled to piss XR650L) towards my new AT. **** glad to be here, Cheers mates.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Welcome to the forum neighbor (I'm in Carson City, 400 odd miles north but in Nevada, that's nothing). Before moving to NV in '92, I (mostly) lived in the San Fernando Valley and frequented a few of those canyons and some others in the San Gabriels. (Rode observed trials in Texas Canyon quite a lot in the '70's.)

Good choice on the DCT AT - I came to the forum because I have a NC700XDct and think the dual clutch transmission is the greatest thing since (fill in the blank). Decided I'd wait for Honda to use the AT platform to make a Standard with DCT, so I'm more a moto-voyeur than prospective owner these days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts