Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have an issue with Android Auto connecting my Samsung S21 ultra 5g. Once I connect the phone, the connectivity jumps (connects and disconnects continuously). I've tried different cables, without success.
Did anyone has similar problem?

·
Registered
CRF1100 DCT
201 Posts
I had similar problems with a Blackview, in fact 3 different models of Blackview, other phones connected no problem. I tried the original cables and a few others but it was always the same. The last day I bought an Anker Powerline II and the Blackviews connected right away and stayed connected. Weird thing is however the other phone I had been using does not connect with the Anker but works fine with the original so it may or may not work for you.

·
Registered
CRF1100 ATAS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had similar problems with a Blackview, in fact 3 different models of Blackview, other phones connected no problem. I tried the original cables and a few others but it was always the same. The last day I bought an Anker Powerline II and the Blackviews connected right away and stayed connected. Weird thing is however the other phone I had been using does not connect with the Anker but works fine with the original so it may or may not work for you.
Hi! Thank you very much for your kind reply. It did the trick! I've ordered Anker cable and it works fine now!
Tableware Line Font Screenshot Cutlery

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've a Samsung S21 and I tried different cables, including Anker, but with no success. I've also update phone to Android 12, but after 6 months I think that my only option is to change phone.

·
Super Moderator
7,259 Posts
I've a Samsung S21 and I tried different cables, including Anker, but with no success. I've also update phone to Android 12, but after 6 months I think that my only option is to change phone.
I wouldn't change out the Galaxy S21. Just get a used, older phone and use it until Honda and Google get it together, and then swap back in the S21. It will be cheaper.

Welcome to the Forum @gaz41.

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't mean to threadjack, but since you're all discussing cables.... I have my phone mounted in the center of the handlebars using a quad lock, and cables just don't seem to last more than a few months for me. Are those Anker cables pretty beefy? I commute 90 miles daily so LOTS of vibration happens pretty quickly. it's been the flex point just past the strain relief that fails. I secure the cable as well as possible while still leaving enough slack to connect and disconnect, but still, failure.

·
Super Moderator
7,259 Posts
I use what I consider average and average+ cables that have baked in the summer sun, soaked in the rain and travelled on long days without failure. I actually expected the connectors to fail, but they have not. I leave what I consider an annoying amount of slack, but that is simply to allow free end-to-end swing of the handlebars.

·
Registered
60 Posts
This happened to me when I BT connected my phone (S21U) to my Sena S20 headset and left Honda BT fighting to get back into the party. So consequently the android auto would fault and say rider headset is disconnected then reconnect so on and so forth. Honda is the gatekeeper and makes the connection between phone, tft and whatever headset is connected. So no need to connect phone to headset.
Also check for updates for android auto.
Not sure this helps but something I ran across.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts