Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Planning a couple of 4 day trips that will have a TON of deep sand sections, and very little pavement. Bike will be 2-up with luggage.

I'm looking for tire recommendations. All I care about is soft terrain performance and puncture resistance in rocks. Will need to do a few hundred miles of pavement, but predominantly off road.

I would like to do a 90/100-21 dirt bike tire up front (either the goldentyre fatty or shinko MX216) - think that they could take the weight?

If not a dirt bike front, what would you recommend for sand? TKC80? Anakee Wild? Shinko 804? What's the fattest front tire out there?

Will probably be using a Motoz 140/80-18 Desert HT for the rear, as I already have one on the shelf, and Nusk had good things to say about it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Best front I’ve tried adventure riding in sand is Pirelli Scorpion Rally. Have used a very fat Cheng Shin front previously. Although it floated well on sand, I found the lack directional stability in gravel an issue. I don’t think they are available any more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts