Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 ATAS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
The standard seat on the lowest setting is too tall for me. It's close by about 2 inches but no cigar. I had a potential very damaging ego experience when I parked on a slight incline. Everything was going great until I realized I couldn't fully extend the kickstand and those precious few inches inclined to the right would have me tipped over onto the sidewalk in front of dozens of outdoor restaurant motorcycle patrons. Thankfully my buddy saw the sheer panic in my eyes and rescued me. It's also not the most comfortable OEM seat and I'm looking to replace it. Does anyone have experience with the Sargent low seat height? How much lower is it compared to the standard? I have a 30-31 inch inseam and have looked through all of the threads for information. I have a 19 ATAS. I was lucky enough to have the dealership give me a free lower seat but it looks very uncomfortable. Will be trying that out tomorrow as a stop gap.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Sargent low version seat is the best investment I've made to date on my 2019 ATAS in terms of comfort and the ability to have my feet firmly planted while stopped on level ground. With an inseam of 32" It's a pretty good fit. Sorry no floor to seat height measurements.
cheers.. John

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm with you. My ATAS with the standard seat in the low position was still too high. I bought the OEM low seat, put it in the low position and it works! While I'm not flat-footed I'm at least solidly on the balls of my feet... Give the OEM low seat a shot. It's a hell of a lot cheaper.

Hello All,
The standard seat on the lowest setting is too tall for me. It's close by about 2 inches but no cigar. I had a potential very damaging ego experience when I parked on a slight incline. Everything was going great until I realized I couldn't fully extend the kickstand and those precious few inches inclined to the right would have me tipped over onto the sidewalk in front of dozens of outdoor restaurant motorcycle patrons. Thankfully my buddy saw the sheer panic in my eyes and rescued me. It's also not the most comfortable OEM seat and I'm looking to replace it. Does anyone have experience with the Sargent low seat height? How much lower is it compared to the standard? I have a 30-31 inch inseam and have looked through all of the threads for information. I have a 19 ATAS. I was lucky enough to have the dealership give me a free lower seat but it looks very uncomfortable. Will be trying that out tomorrow as a stop gap.

View attachment 58149

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello All,

View attachment 58149
The Honda low saddle works for me. 32" inseam and 5' 11" and not that bad for price. Not necessarily the most comfortable seat I have used but definitely not the worst. As I get more comfortable with the bike I may try the original seat again.

·
Registered
2019 ATAS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Sargent low version seat is the best investment I've made to date on my 2019 ATAS in terms of comfort and the ability to have my feet firmly planted while stopped on level ground. With an inseam of 32" It's a pretty good fit. Sorry no floor to seat height measurements.
cheers.. John
Thanks John,
How is the comfort?

·
Registered
2019 ATAS
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quick update. The low seat in the low position is a game changer. I'm able to flat foot the bike. The down side is I started to squirm in the saddle after an hour but it's workable for now. Odd though, when I first sat on it felt so much more cramped. How can less than 2 inches really change everything so much? It felt like my knees were in my chest. After a few minutes of riding the feeling disappeared but I found it odd.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts