Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, oh wise ones of the forums. Hubs (you may know him as Cuchulainn) and I are pre-pre-planning a trip to Portugal/Spain when time and covid allows.
So, the burning question is: what is the best way to get our helmets, boots and other gear across the pond? I have heard that hard-sided golf bags are pretty good for the job for either putting in plane cargo or shipping (UPS/USPS).
Since we plan on renting motos, I've read that rental companies will store some things for you. Otherwise I plan on packing in a moto duffel all of my/our other necessities for the trip.
What brilliant advice, suggestions or experiences have y'all had with this? (And no, I'm not wearing my gear on the plane - TSA are humorless :LOL:)
Thanks all in advance!
Grrrlx/Sara

·
Registered
695 Posts
So, oh wise ones of the forums. Hubs (you may know him as Cuchulainn) and I are pre-pre-planning a trip to Portugal/Spain when time and covid allows.
So, the burning question is: what is the best way to get our helmets, boots and other gear across the pond? I have heard that hard-sided golf bags are pretty good for the job for either putting in plane cargo or shipping (UPS/USPS).
Since we plan on renting motos, I've read that rental companies will store some things for you. Otherwise I plan on packing in a moto duffel all of my/our other necessities for the trip.
What brilliant advice, suggestions or experiences have y'all had with this? (And no, I'm not wearing my gear on the plane - TSA are humorless :LOL:)
Thanks all in advance!
Grrrlx/Sara
I've packed gear a few times, usually just in a hard shell suitcase, helmet between pants/jacket. I've never had an issue. Although more often than not I just ride with whatever I can get locally, or nothing. When I rent bikes in other countries, ATGATT becomes ATG or none.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Can’t advise on transporting gear, although the hard golf case sounds like a great idea.
I don’t know what area of Spain your looking to explore but from both a location and quality accommodation aspect I can highly recommend
My wife and I spent a week here after travelling from Bilbao via the Picos mountains on my Honda Crosstoure.
The area alone offers some of the best motorcycling roads and routes in Spain, the Ronda/Malaga road amongst the best.
It truly is a stunning location and the owner even offers competitive motorcycle hire with airport pick-up along with routes etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can’t advise on transporting gear, although the hard golf case sounds like a great idea.
I don’t know what area of Spain your looking to explore but from both a location and quality accommodation aspect I can highly recommend
My wife and I spent a week here after travelling from Bilbao via the Picos mountains on my Honda Crosstoure.
The area alone offers some of the best motorcycling roads and routes in Spain, the Ronda/Malaga road amongst the best.
It truly is a stunning location and the owner even offers competitive motorcycle hire with airport pick-up along with routes etc.
Thank you so much for the hotel recommendation - I checked it out and it looks absolutely lovely! I look forward to the Malaga road, and see how it compares to Colorado :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts