Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super excited that I found an Anniversary edition L2 for a great price in Baltimore. I have perused the website already and have found a wealth of good info. here, thank you for your contributions. I'm hoping to ride the new NE discovery route in June on the AT! I rode an 1150GS and a Super Enduro before coming to the AT. I purchased it mainly for the comfortable ride and good manners on trails (according to numerous video reports).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. How is the pricing down there? There's a few manual 2018 models left in my area at $12,999 + dealer fees. That's what I paid for mine a few months ago. My dealer had a new '17 standard Africa Twin for $8,999 that I was going to buy until I test rode the ATAS.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Congrats. I bought a left over 2018 "demo" with 21 miles on it in late September this year (2019) near Cleveland, Ohio. Paid a little more than if I was willing to travel. Found bikes in Tennessee and Miami for about 12k even. I paid 12.8k USD but didn't have to go anywhere. Since it was titled as a demo Honda supplies an additional years warranty making it 2 years and the dealer was willing to seem me the 5 year Honda Factory Warranty at cost which was $550. Bike is warrantied for 7 years at this point. Put 3500 miles on it before putting it away. Really wanted the Anniversary paint and my wife insisted so I obliged. Love the bike. Rode is stock this year but stockpiling parts over the winter to make it my own with luggage, crash bars, tires, etc. My wife and I have done the MABDR twice two up on our previous Vstrom. Plan on doing the NEBDR this summer on this bike. Then if there's no other east coast BDRs available at the time we'll start into the TAT.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I did the deal in Baltimore for 11,500 with all the dealer freight and prep fees, not including my license plate and state taxes. It undercut deals in FL and NY that I was considering.

·
Super Moderator
6,360 Posts
Congratulations Chopperbob. There is certainly a lot of excitement when a Forum member acquires their AT*. Each time it reads like a kid in a candy store. That is a good vibe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts