Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought you guys would want to see what happens when you have a black carbon Scorpion Serket exhaust on a GS1200. My Dad was calmly going down the road...okay not calmly, he was testing out the top speed... and guess what happened? Pictures speak for themselves lol. At least you can see the packing was still ok... waiting for the manufacturer to reply to the complaint, this shouldn’t happen to any exhaust!
Think it was due to the all carbon construction that I don’t recall had a steel ring around it. I’ve had twin carbon Scorpions on my Varadero for about 12 years and they still look new, but they have the end curved tip in steel fixed to the carbon body.

That said, I quite like the look of the scorpion they make for the AT, plus the price is pretty good. Any of you have it installed?

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
Your title of the post scared me dude, I think it's only the Carbon Fiber ones, not only from Scorpion, but from many other brands also.

I have read many posts and I have 2 of my friends with broken Carbon Fiber slip-ons. Exactly as the one on your pic, but different brands.

I have the Black Scorpion Exhaust on my ATAS, and it sounds pretty good. Performance wise, i couldn't feel a thing. But, the bike is amazingly fast. I am no speed racer, but it sure is fast.

Sound wise, I love it, absolutely love it.

Check out my Youtube clip:

https://youtu.be/Ti3fFP4YMec

Use real speakers or headphones.

Cheers!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Having had and seen a number of carbon exhaust cans fail I've made it a personal rule to never fit one (again) . Some of these were well known brands (Yoshi on my own FZR1000-eons ago) . Its a feature of the carbon can as hot exhaust gas gets past the wadding and weakens the carbon sleeve over time, and if not re-packed regularly it will only get worse.
Stick with metal sleeved cans if you want longevity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts