Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Adventure Sport ES Manual
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hada Scottoiler e system on my 2018 bike with the control unit mounted to the left of the speedo. It fitted in nicely and has been efficient and easy to both use and adjust. I removed it with the intention of fitting it to my 2022 ATAS but I can't really see any obvious place to mount it. Has anyone fitted an e system to an ATAS and if so where did they mount the control unit?

My second thoughts are to just buy a new x system instead and sell the e system.
I know a couple of people here have had issues with the x system leaking at the seam, but there is a new x system version 2 available that may have addressed this problem.

Thoughts...?
Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

·
Registered
2017 DCT, 2021 Adv Sport ES DCT
597 Posts
Scott oiler is warranteeing a 2nd X systems for me that was leaking at the seam...

I bought a new X system 2 for the 2021, but have not installed it yet. Not sure the version 2 does anything to fix the leaking problem, but it does no longer need an external check valve to be installed in the line.

The company has been good to address problems, but not sure I would buy another X system.

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
Scott oiler is warranteeing a 2nd X systems for me that was leaking at the seam...

I bought a new X system 2 for the 2021, but have not installed it yet. Not sure the version 2 does anything to fix the leaking problem, but it does no longer need an external check valve to be installed in the line.

The company has been good to address problems, but not sure I would buy another X system.
Tutoro - just don't put conventional (non-synthetic) motor oil in it.

·
Registered
2022 Adventure Sport ES Manual
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
@Squirrelly please see my install below first image showing it from the rear, second showing the fitting it mounted too (blue circle).

I am looking to move it to the green part using a right angle fitting

View attachment 71996
View attachment 71998
Hi Silveredge, I think the mounting you have in its current position is probably the only feasible one.
I turned the bars to full right lock and the hand guard would foul the proposed position circled in green.

Double Thumper, I've looked into the Tutoro but I think the need to keep it as near to vertical as possible hugely limits the location you can use. It's not the prettiest out there either...

·
Super Moderator
10,164 Posts
Hi Silveredge, I think the mounting you have in its current position is probably the only feasible one.
I turned the bars to full right lock on the hand guard would foul the proposed position circled in green.

Double Thumper, I've looked into the Tutoro but I think the need to keep it as near to vertical as possible hugely limits the location you can use. It's not the prettiest out there either...
That is true. They do have a documented tolerance to that requirement.

This position has been working fine for me (across three different Honda models) . . .
Vehicle Motorcycle Fuel tank Motor vehicle Automotive tire

1 - 11 of 11 Posts