Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought a Scottoiler and was wondering if anyone on here has fitted one yet and where is the best place to take the vacuum feed from

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm going to have to do another post before I can see your link as I am new here.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I fitted a Scottoiler to mine. Pretty straightforward. They have specific instructions for the AT, so I just followed those. Here's a link: http://www.scottoiler.com/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,/gid,782/task,doc_download/
I take it the vacuum one works well then? I was looking at their website and trying to decide between the Vacuum or Electronic version, the E version is very spendy though!! So are you happy with it? it works well and money well spent etc. Just wondering your general impressions etc. The list of Farkles for my bike that hasn't arrived yet is getting looooonnnngg and I just wonder how high up the list I should put this. :smile2:

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Had the standard Scott oiler fitted by the dealer before I picked the bike up. Works well and after 3,000miles chain very good and no adjustment needed as yet.

From previous experience on a VFR 800 vtec with a scott oiler fitted from new did 27,000 miles on same chain with plenty of adjustment left and chain in excellent shape.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I take it the vacuum one works well then? I was looking at their website and trying to decide between the Vacuum or Electronic version, the E version is very spendy though!! So are you happy with it? it works well and money well spent etc. Just wondering your general impressions etc. The list of Farkles for my bike that hasn't arrived yet is getting looooonnnngg and I just wonder how high up the list I should put this. :smile2:

Thanks
Yep, pleased with it. I've routed it through the swing arm, so it's tidy and fairly safe from damaged when riding off road.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi Tyke,

I have experience with both Electronic and vacuum. My advice is go for the Electronic, it is totally controllable, whereas the vacuum is less adjustable and dribbles when the engine is running,meaning you can get oil on the tyres and other places. Both do a good job and they are made in Scotland, that's an up.

M

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had one on my vfr years ago, loved it. 50k kms easy on a chain. Looking at getting one for my @ too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts