Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Screen removal and lost nut.

7K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  Rockie 
#1 ·
Does anyone know what I need to remove in order to retrieve one of the 4 captive nuts that slipped behind the front bodywork when I removed the screen?What a crap design,you would have thought Honda would have made them fixed.Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
A lot of stuff and it is not really worth it. I had removed all that in order to change the power socket fuse that had gone and managed to push one of those in while putting the screen back :frown2: I took the easy way out and purchased a new one from Honda, the cost is 2-3 GBP in the UK, not worth the hassle of removing everything yet again.

#4 ·
Well I managed to retrieve the little sod,only took about 3 hours to get the left hand fairing off and back on again.At least I can now see how its done,should make future work easier.What a crap design.Used to take about 10 mins to take the FULL fairing of my old 350 Powervalve.Progress eh?

#10 ·
Your not a true member until you've dropped those nuts!
I was putting the bike back together after installing the Honda 12V socket when I did it, so I took it all apart again to retrieve the nut as the disassembly process was still fresh in my mind, but as the other guys said its probably not worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.