Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's excellent news that the CRF1100sport seat height is down to the same as the standard crf1000L, but yesterday I sat on the 1100 and realised that they have done it by removing about 60 or 70mm of foam from the supposedly standard seat on the 1100.
I am on my second standard CRF1000L and it is the most supremely comfortable seat I've ever had on a bike (I know it's not the same for everybody)
I'm nervous that the new standard seat will not be as comfortable. There's more foam in the high seat option which I guess could be used in the low seat position.
By the way the removal of the seat is completely changed. When you twist the key the pillion seat pops off (great idea), then you can remove or adjust the main seat. Mind you it still took the sales guy several attempts to get the two of them properly locked in.
Mike

·
Registered
375 Posts
It's excellent news that the CRF1100sport seat height is down to the same as the standard crf1000L, but yesterday I sat on the 1100 and realised that they have done it by removing about 60 or 70mm of foam from the supposedly standard seat on the 1100.
I am on my second standard CRF1000L and it is the most supremely comfortable seat I've ever had on a bike (I know it's not the same for everybody)
I'm nervous that the new standard seat will not be as comfortable. There's more foam in the high seat option which I guess could be used in the low seat position.
By the way the removal of the seat is completely changed. When you twist the key the pillion seat pops off (great idea), then you can remove or adjust the main seat. Mind you it still took the sales guy several attempts to get the two of them properly locked in.
Mike
Are there two tool boxes or storage boxes alongside the seat on the new standard 1100, there is no mention of it but the photos seam to make it look like the plastics are much wider than they used to be.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Are there two tool boxes or storage boxes alongside the seat on the new standard 1100, there is no mention of it but the photos seam to make it look like the plastics are much wider than they used to be.
nope , place is intended for EERA and DCT .

·
Registered
341 Posts
New seat on the CRF1100L is so narrow that the internal side of my legs could not touch the side of the bike (on an ATAS). The knees were touching the tank before I could tighten the thighs against the bike. True, I have long legs, but that was really a weird sensation, not comfortable at all.

·
Registered
218 Posts
New seat on the CRF1100L is so narrow that the internal side of my legs could not touch the side of the bike (on an ATAS). The knees were touching the tank before I could tighten the thighs against the bike. True, I have long legs, but that was really a weird sensation, not comfortable at all.
Sounds good, just like a dirt bike, gives you plenty of room to move around on to weight the pegs with out the fat bike getting in the way

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds good, just like a dirt bike, gives you plenty of room to move around on to weight the pegs with out the fat bike getting in the way
If it was really a dirt bike than it would be really good news, but as the ATAS is marketed as a adv bike, where most of time you'll be seated on it, than - for me - it's not a good discover.... Caveat: as we're talking about human measures, YMMV. :wink2:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I personally like this narrow seat more then old version. My knees are touching the tank but for me it feels more like be one with the bike. If have the seat on 850mm and I am 1.89m long. For people with longer legs maybe the option to go for the high seat I believe that is 890mm from the ground.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It don,t it because I owned a 2016AT before and between these is it totally different. Now you open first the back seat and you can slide the front seat to the back and take it out. It is now must easier to change between the seat hights.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's excellent news that the CRF1100sport seat height is down to the same as the standard crf1000L,
Mike
Excellent news for you, but not for everyone. I'm a tick under 6 foot 4 and with my 2018 ATAS seat in the upper position my knees are bent when I'm flatfooted. I'm not a fan of the straight bench seat - because my passenger and I tend to slide forward. But I don't want my seat any lower.

·
Registered
125 Posts
no totally different , sorry...
I think tbh,I will now give the new 2020 a miss as have just got my ATAS really comfortable with the sargent seat , I cant go through all that ball breaking pain and agony again if I have to buy another seat
Its just not worth the hassle,shame..

·
Registered
32 Posts
In case you didn't know the standard seat on the 2020 model is 850 to 870mm.
The High Seat option goes up to 895mm.

Personally, I have the Low Seat option which runs at 825mm as the tall bikes scare the crap out of me when I come to a stop on a camber. I have retained the original seat once I gain some balls :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Although not directly linked to seat height... they have made the seat on the new bike significantly narrower. if your legs are closer together then the perceived height is reduced.
Yeah what this means is you sit in a narrow, crotch pinching valley. Only had mine for a week but will definitely try to change to a flatter version.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts