Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

As the subject of a very uncomfortable seat is consistently discussed , I have been trying to find reviews and or info on the seat concepts comfort seat from riders, not just the description on seat concepts site.
It’s not a cheap purchase to try.

If anyone on the forum has this seat , tried the seat and has pictures to show differences, please share.

Any info and pictures would be appreciated

Thanks
Heli

·
Registered
49 Posts
Heligaz I’ve had the Seat Concepts one piece seat little over a week now. Longest ride so far is just over 200 miles. I’m really pleased with the seat. It’s more comfortable than the stock and don’t feel like 4 or 5 hundred miles would be a problem. I’m 62 so not a young guy and suffer from noassatall. Height wise it feels no different than the seat in the low position. It is dished flatter and maybe a tad wider. I had the Diamante top option it’s a vinyl suede which reminds me of the Renezco that’s on my 690. It was 414 dollars and I would buy it again. Here are some pics on bike
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
Cloud Sky Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Plant

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seat is not adjustable it has a tab in front that fits under the little hood on the tank and then snaps into latch at rear. They claim it’s half inch lower than the stock seat in low position but it feels the same as low position to me. If you like seat in high position they make foam and cover kits that retain stock seat pan. That would allow you to use high position. I have a 32” inseam and flat foot the ground. I’ve done seat,pegs and bars and it’s like getting a good fitting suit. It just fits

·
Registered
347 Posts
Cant share pictures of the two piece on my 2017 since its torn apart right now but the comfort is much improved. I found myself sliding up on the tank on the stock unit and with the flatter, deeper dish I'm more planted.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. I did not realize SC made a single seat.
I prefer the seat in the high position. I’m 34 inseam. I feel in the lower position, my knees are too bent

·
Registered
5 Posts
Heligaz I’ve had the Seat Concepts one piece seat little over a week now. Longest ride so far is just over 200 miles. I’m really pleased with the seat. It’s more comfortable than the stock and don’t feel like 4 or 5 hundred miles would be a problem. I’m 62 so not a young guy and suffer from noassatall. Height wise it feels no different than the seat in the low position. It is dished flatter and maybe a tad wider. I had the Diamante top option it’s a vinyl suede which reminds me of the Renezco that’s on my 690. It was 414 dollars and I would buy it again. Here are some pics on bike View attachment 71610 View attachment 71608 View attachment 71609
Thanks for the insight.
I have just finished a 2300 Miles trip on my ATA-S and let me tell you this...The worst ride I ever had...every two hours you MUST STOP, I had several other ADV bikes and this was by far the worst CONFORT.
The bike is VERY AMAZING, power, handling, etc., but seat position and comfort made me think twice if I will keep it.
Where did you get this seat? is there a website?
I may try it before I trade in my ATA-S.
Please let me now.
Thank you.
My bike is a
2021 AT- Adventure Sport - DCT

·
Registered
49 Posts
Seat Concepts has a web site. They have the one piece seat that I have and also the 2 piece seat kits that you remove cover and use their new foam and cover. Just requires you to staple the cover on. It not hard to do but an air or electric stapler is pretty much required. Don’t get rid of the bike because the seat doesn’t suit you get rid of the seat. Most all of the bikes I’ve ridden long distance needed seat improvement.

·
Super Moderator
10,763 Posts
Thanks for the insight.
I have just finished a 2300 Miles trip on my ATA-S and let me tell you this...The worst ride I ever had...every two hours you MUST STOP, I had several other ADV bikes and this was by far the worst CONFORT.
The bike is VERY AMAZING, power, handling, etc., but seat position and comfort made me think twice if I will keep it.
Please let me now.
Thank you.
My bike is a
Dang our butts, eh @braztang?

Hopefully this issue surmountable for you - and welcome to the Forum!

Feel free to introduce yourself at the New Member Introductions area of the Forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks everyone, I thought I was already introduced to this forum a while ago.
Hoping to improve the ride experience of my ATA-S, as I mentioned, the worst ride in terms of comfort ever.
Owned a GS1200, GS1250 and a Triumph Tiger 1200, they were all ok on my 2K to my longest 4.6K miles trips.
By the way, I think I am selling it...anyone interested? I am in Stamford, CT.
Cheers
LCL

Smile Sky Wheel Tire Helmet

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Besides the seat, which I have a seat concepts on order, I really love riding my bike more every time I get on it. I wanted a GS1250 but so far do not regret my choice at all. Maybe one day I’ll get a 1250 and then I’ll know which is really “better” but it also comes down to where you ride.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi all.

As the subject of a very uncomfortable seat is consistently discussed , I have been trying to find reviews and or info on the seat concepts comfort seat from riders, not just the description on seat concepts site.
It’s not a cheap purchase to try.

If anyone on the forum has this seat , tried the seat and has pictures to show differences, please share.

Any info and pictures would be appreciated

Thanks
Heli
I sent my front seat pan to SC and they installed their kit for an additional $25 US. Like you, the stocker was torcher on a long trip (anything more than 30 miles 😆). SC is WAY better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Besides the seat, which I have a seat concepts on order, I really love riding my bike more every time I get on it. I wanted a GS1250 but so far do not regret my choice at all. Maybe one day I’ll get a 1250 and then I’ll know which is really “better” but it also comes down to where you ride.
Hello there,
Yes, the seat is REALLY REALLY badly designed, HONDA surely tried shaping off some costs.
about the GS1250…
Yes, great bike, tested, approved by many.
I owned a 2018 GS1200A and a 2020 GS1250A
The 1250 is so much more refined than the 1200, the engine is amazingly smooth, so is the Honda.
I just sold my África Twin yesterday, and I can tell that in my opinion, the Africa Twin is a better overall bike than the GS, simpler, although, still cumbersome on the electronics, but a better ride in terms of maneuverability, height, handle bar position and DCT, boy…what a great system.
I would not go back to a GS and here are the reasons:
1- maintenance cost
2- height of the bike (too high) with those pistons out!
3- very difficult manouvering at low speeds when you have luggage and a passenger.
4- difficult to work on if you do yourself.

Having said that, I LOVED the short ownership on my Africa Twin Adventure sport DCT, but wife in the back WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL, and she JUST NOW after 27 years together started riding with me, so I promised her a better ride in this summer and I traded-in for a 2022 BMW K1600GTL, which I imagine she will be much happier. Picking up my K1600GTL this afternoon.
Enjoy this beautiful machine, the ÁFRICA TWIN.
Cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hello there,
Yes, the seat is REALLY REALLY badly designed, HONDA surely tried shaping off some costs.
about the GS1250…
Yes, great bike, tested, approved by many.
I owned a 2018 GS1200A and a 2020 GS1250A
The 1250 is so much more refined than the 1200, the engine is amazingly smooth, so is the Honda.
I just sold my África Twin yesterday, and I can tell that in my opinion, the Africa Twin is a better overall bike than the GS, simpler, although, still cumbersome on the electronics, but a better ride in terms of maneuverability, height, handle bar position and DCT, boy…what a great system.
I would not go back to a GS and here are the reasons:
1- maintenance cost
2- height of the bike (too high) with those pistons out!
3- very difficult manouvering at low speeds when you have luggage and a passenger.
4- difficult to work on if you do yourself.

Having said that, I LOVED the short ownership on my Africa Twin Adventure sport DCT, but wife in the back WAS NOT HAPPY AT ALL, and she JUST NOW after 27 years together started riding with me, so I promised her a better ride in this summer and I traded-in for a 2022 BMW K1600GTL, which I imagine she will be much happier. Picking up my K1600GTL this afternoon.
Enjoy this beautiful machine, the ÁFRICA TWIN.
Cheers
Thanks for this info. It’s very informative and great to hear different point of views of people who have owned the bikes spoken about.
Im sure your wife will love the 1600. It looks like a lazy boy couch on a bike. Good luck and safe riding.

·
Administrator
4,224 Posts
Thanks for the insight.
Please let me now.
Thank you.
My bike is a
I have never met an OEM seat that I have liked. Not even a little bit. And I doubt that I ever will. They are all using sub-par materials in comparison to the aftermarket options.

I put the Seat Concepts Rally Seat on my ATAS. No problem with long days in the saddle. But there are plenty of options for improving upon the OEM.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2022 CRF1100 ATAS ES DCT
2,930 Posts
Heligaz I’ve had the Seat Concepts one piece seat little over a week now. Longest ride so far is just over 200 miles. I’m really pleased with the seat. It’s more comfortable than the stock and don’t feel like 4 or 5 hundred miles would be a problem. I’m 62 so not a young guy and suffer from noassatall. Height wise it feels no different than the seat in the low position. It is dished flatter and maybe a tad wider. I had the Diamante top option it’s a vinyl suede which reminds me of the Renezco that’s on my 690. It was 414 dollars and I would buy it again. Here are some pics on bike View attachment 71610 View attachment 71608 View attachment 71609

@True grip just wondering if you are still liking the SeatConcepts one piece?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts