Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my seat concepts seat for 2019 ATAS. Was thinking about installing it myself but do not have an air compressor for the stapler they recommend. Has anyone had any success with an electric stapler if so which one? Or know of anyone around Raleigh NC that could do it? Just got an email back from an upholsterer for quote of $350 lol

·
Registered
247 Posts
Finally got my seat concepts seat for 2019 ATAS. Was thinking about installing it myself but do not have an air compressor for the stapler they recommend. Has anyone had any success with an electric stapler if so which one? Or know of anyone around Raleigh NC that could do it? Just got an email back from an upholsterer for quote of $350 lol
Mabel at S

·
Registered
247 Posts
Mabel at Seat Concepts called today to tell me they are ready for me to send my seat pan to them so THEY can install the new foam and cover. Only costs an extra $25.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I did a cover on an OEM seat pan to add a seat heating element. It was pretty easy. I used an Arrow PT50- uses T50 standard staples (pneumatic though). I think it was about $30 from Home Depot. I think Bostich makes an electric stapler that would do basically the same thing. I've also seen videos on YouTube of people using a regular T50 staple gun with some success and reasonable length staples.

Reactions: Chuck107

·
Administrator
3,427 Posts
I did my own Seat Concepts cover as well. I do own a pneumatic stapler, but my old compressor died so I just rented one from Home Depot for $16. I am waiting for a good sale to replace my dead one :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts