Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i installed a Power commander V today and **** it wouldn't you know, I re hooked the cable to the latch but I must have forgotten to put the cable hold down into the mechanism. Plunked the seat on went for a spin come home to try a different MAP and my seat won’t release. Anyone with ideas to get to the latch? Or am i gonna have to go full Potato on it and buy a new seat?

·
Registered
163 Posts
How about the PC5 how did that go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How about the PC5 how did that go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Working good, i put my own map in. Lots of gurnt through 3rd gear now. No more face planting halfway through the power band.. Yoshi Slip on pipe makes it sound like a hog. Check engine light is on full time because they still don’t put the 2017 version of the o2 sensor cheater.. they say its way back ordered. I might just add 39k ohm to it.

Over all pleased.. now its time to figure out abs/tq management delete.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Found ScottT's post helped me when my seat suddenly wouldn't come off.
1) take off the right side trim. Two screws and a push-pin rivet. You have to torque the seat some to get at the rivet.
2) pry & hold the seat and the plastic piece that caps the back of gas tank out of the way and push the latch to release the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks for posting the pictures, hopefully never have to use them but great to have them as a reference for all.

What was the issue in your case? Did the cable come out of its holder or something?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Black99S, helped us remove the seat from a friends bike, as he had lost both keys on his 2017 AT.

I got the ignition off as well and will get keys cut to it, hopefully no chip or programming to do on this bike, will find out soon.

David.

BTW Black99S did you own a DR650 at one point and live in Vancouver BC?

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,985 Posts
Thanks for the pictures Black99S, helped us remove the seat from a friends bike, as he had lost both keys on his 2017 AT.

I got the ignition off as well and will get keys cut to it, hopefully no chip or programming to do on this bike, will find out soon.

David.

BTW Black99S did you own a DR650 at one point and live in Vancouver BC?
As long as there is no HISS printed on the ignition you are good to go. I’m pretty sure non of the North American models had it..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Screwdriver pointing up under frame push over plastic in about an inch. Lift up screwdriver. ( sorta hard, bends plastic a little, but no damage.) Push in to about 4". Push screwdriver handle down. Push in to about 5" and feel for the latch. Once you feel it, push in and out to you feel a spring back, push against spring and unlatch your seat. Wider on the spade of the screwdriver better the chance! Happy hunting. Don.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts