Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A buddy and I rode the SEAT before the weather hit the trails.

SEAT Loop.png

SEAT – South East Adventure Trail V1.0
Provided by NorthernTraveler on ADVrider.com
This route is intended to be a southeastern US dual sport and adventure bike route similar
to the Trans America Trail, but distributed in GDB / GPX files that include tracks, some
routes, and waypoints for gas / food / lodging / camping.
All routes were laid out and ridden by me except as noted in the notes.
The main route is generally big bike friendly; the alternates are more challenging for
smaller bikes. The alternate main routes provide the opportunity to connect to other
routes in the region.
* Please DO NOT distribute in any form in any way these files, the contents of these
files or tracklogs generated from these files. *
Mapping for this route started in 2009 with on the ground scouting starting in 2010.
Color coding –
Green – main route
Dark Green – alternate main route
Blue – somewhat challenging alternate
Red – very challenging alternate
Magenta – shortcut to save time

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've been wanting to do this for some time. I live outside of Savannah, GA. I do not know many people here with ADV bikes. Mostly HD bar hopping bikes and folk (not knocking them as I was one for a long time myself!). I have run into a few people while riding to work in the morning with Africa Twins, a Triumph Tiger and a few Yamaha S10's but not enough time to find out the skinny where they ride or go. it seems like a lot of the ADV stuff is in N Georgia.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ADV trails in N GA, TN and NC is good.
There are loops like the Smoky Mtn 500 that showcases the best segments you can ride in 3 days.
The SEAT loop is ideally a 6 day ride averaging 200-300 mile days.
I was pleasantly surprised by how the terrain varied daily and hourly, compared to what I ride regularly in N GA.
The added FL sand experience was quite unique and left me wanting more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts