Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I will say if you are "Height Challenged" you really have to be careful with your choice. I've used Sargent and Corbin. If you get a standard seat it actually raises you off the ground some as it's typically a wider seat so your legs are splayed out more than stock. On my GSA I ordered a Corbin low and it was amazing. I prefer Corbin. Most of my bikes that need a seat I go with them. They are a little heavier and require a little break-in but when they do, very comfortable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorry i'm 6'2" and really dont want anything lower then i have now thanks

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the ATAS touring and the base model standard seat. I prefer the standard. I will either be looking to a seat concepts redo of the pan or just adding a sheepskin, but haven't made it that far yet. My 2.5 hour commute is just shy of new seat territory.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
382 Posts
sorry i'm 6'2" and really dont want anything lower then i have now thanks
The Sargent is 'on paper' the same height as the original.. but, somehow it isn't. it feels lower.. that may be a side effect of the 'dished' seat area which is completely different to the original or how they went about measuring the thing. but, anyhow. Im a fair bit taller than you are. 6'7 in my boots and i get on with the sargent just fine. If im going to be making any future ergonomic adjustments then they will be to lower the footpegs and raise the handlebars.

you can clearly see the dished area in this photo of the seat on my Adventure Sports.

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
I've replied before in favor of the Sargent. It's a couple of inches wider at the rear than stock and flatter overall. I didn't notice it feeling lower (I'm 6'1" and 185), but I used to get numbness in my perineum after a while, and that went away... I only bought the front seat because I'm cheap and no passenger.

·
Registered
115 Posts
have a look at the new Touratech seat, i quite like it and will probably order one (seems to have a flatter profile). My mates have sargent and seat concepts, both feel good but not just right if you know what i mean!

·
Registered
2 Posts
At what height would a high seat be recommended over a stock height seat?

I'm 6'2" and can't figure out if I should get a "normal" or high.

·
Registered
161 Posts
On paper it's supposed to be the same height as the standard AT, but not the ATAS. When you look at their site they compare them - most of it is noticeably lower, with only the lowest points being similar. Compared to the ATAS seat - it's over an inch lower - so it is lower than the ATAS seat in the low position. I guess I would have to sit on it on an ATAS to know for sure - but I don't think I want to go that low.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Seth Laam Custom seat. He makes them to your measurements and needs. It’s an amazingly comfortable seat given the limitations of the stock seat pan.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sargent is having a sale until December 23rd. Free shipping and $75 off. I like the height of my ATAS seat in the high position - but with as far back as I have to sit to make my knees fit the tank cutout, the seat makes me slide forward. I have been wanting to pop the seat off and use a 3/8 inch hole cutter to cut some holes and make the seat give a little in the far back - so I don't slide forward. If that doesn't work then I'll probably break down and take advantage of the sale. My seat is showing a fair amount of wear so I've entertained the thought of an aftermarket cover anyway (I carry a few different passengers that seem to drag their feet across the seat).

I love Corbin seats - they always fit me perfectly. I had one on my FZ-09 and put over 32,000 miles on it without ever putting the stock seat back on. But I just don't like the way they look on the AT (says the man who has a plush Santa toilet seat cover on his windshield and a snowman on the rack). I really want to sit on a Sargent seat on an AT before buying one - but the clock is ticking and I have a lot of other things to do before the 23rd...

https://www.sargentcycle.com/sargent-seats/12-days-2019/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6YvSu73E5gIVqvfjBx050QDxEAAYASAAEgKyjfD_BwE

·
Registered
190 Posts
I wish there was a good way to compare seats or have a trial run. It is just too financially risky to dive in to a seat without any butt time.

I would personally like to try a seat concepts, a Corbin, and a Sargent for a couple hours to get a good idea. My current fear is I have a stock seat in low on my ATAS and do not want any less contact with the ground than I have.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
161 Posts
The Seat Concepts and the Sargent will go as low, or 3/4 to 1 inch lower because they make them for the Standard AT which has a lower seat than the ATAS. The Corbin is going to match the height of the ATAS in low, but not go any lower because I don't think it will adjust up or down. They all 3 make a low version which will take you even lower.

The Corbin and Sargent are wider than stock - so only get the Corbin if you get the low.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just bit the bullet and ordered the front and rear Sargent for $550. I wish dealerships would have some of the seats in stock to sit on - but that aint gonna happen. I'll let y'all know if it is as comfortable as my Corbins have been (I just didn't want that style on this bike).

·
Registered
244 Posts
Corbins look comfy but they also tend to look like a couch. Fine for certain bikes, but on an adventure bike not only does it look out of place, but its also not well adapted for offroad use as it sits you in one spot.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts