Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess most of you guys know the Fortnine Youtube channel. In one of the latest episodes, Ryan suggests to retrofit a second pair of foot rests allowing your knees to relax while driving.

I wonder what you think about that idea. Has anybody retrofitted a pair, and, if so, what experiences did you make? Is it worth a try?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't got extra footrest but since fitted my lower crash bars I can stretch and rest my leg on them ( arthritis in knee ) I can now ride for longer without having to stop .

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just added the Hepco and Becker lower engine guard and SW-MOTECH foot pegs to give me more footing options running down the highway. Just being able to move around should help.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I added an extra pair of foot pegs fixed to the crash bars and use them a lot to strecht the legs on the high way during long rides.
They do not get on the way and you can hardly notice them while not in use.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just stand up for a few minutes, get the circulation back in the legs and butt. At speeds up to 110kph its fine, faster then that and the wind blast is a bit excessive, but I try to avoid long stretches of freeway anyhow so slowing to less than 110 (65mph) isn't an issue on secondary highways or backroads

·
Registered
297 Posts
I added an extra pair of foot pegs fixed to the crash bars and use them a lot to strecht the legs on the high way during long rides.
They do not get on the way and you can hardly notice them while not in use.
Me, too, although mine are cheap clampons on the Altrider bar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts