Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few pictures of our 820 miles short trip to Sedona (stayed there two nights). Sometimes it was a bit hot on the bike, especially on the way back we have seen 110F a few times.
It was a very nice tour to celebrate my wifes birthday and we also did some hiking there. A few minutes before sunset we arrived in Sedona and I just had the spontaneous idea to watch the sunset from the top of the Schnebly Hill Road. Well to make it happen I had to open the throttle a bit. So riding 2up with 70lbs of luggage on that trail with up to 40mph was a shocking experience for my wife All the tourist in the back of the Pink Jeep Tours vehicle were smiling, because of us :D
Beside this we rode also to the trailhead of the Devils Bridge with the AT early in the morning. Most people were walking there from the street, but because we were "cheating" by using the AT we arrived at the arch before all the larger tourist groups. Also we did the Cathedral Rock hike which was also very beautiful but also my limit of what I can enjoy there (I am scared a bit about heights :eek:)

One of my highlights have been cruising down the curvy mountain roads in Jerome, AZ. This place is bikers paradies !!! I enjoyed it a lot, even with just wearing shorts and Tshirt because we were there for a hiking trip. It was so much fun to ride the AT on this roads :):

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
There is a lot of great riding in this area. Did you take the Perkinsville Rd. in Jerome? It is the right fork beyond where you took the picture of the sign at the ghost town sign. It is a dirt road but very scenic and comes out in Williams, AZ. Glad you enjoyed your tip to this area. Give me a shout the next time you come down.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There is a lot of great riding in this area. Did you take the Perkinsville Rd. in Jerome? It is the right fork beyond where you took the picture of the sign at the ghost town sign. It is a dirt road but very scenic and comes out in Williams, AZ. Glad you enjoyed your tip to this area. Give me a shout the next time you come down.
Thank you for the info. No we didn't take this road. When we were in Jerome we mainly wanted to have a look at the Ghost Town and we were coming back from a hiking trip (so just wearing shorts and TShirt I do not ride offroad). Next time when I am there I will check this out !!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts