Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.
just recently noticed that the at stutters at around 3k rpm when im just cruzing along.
you can hear it in the vid. happens up hill downhill and on the flat. and just round 3k revs.
hhttps://youtu.be/01Cx0F78lOsear

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
Hi @hobbes: Do you think it might be related to this issue? Your ride is an ATAS?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no mine the standard 2016 AT.
there is no loss of power. if you hold it steady around 3k rpm then its almost like one of the cylinders isnt firing, or it get. kinda goes like 'hu hu hu hu hu hu' soon as you open up abit or slack off it vanishes

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
The next thing I would consider - and I am no mechanic - is that is there anything electrical in nature (e.g. a questionable loose connector) that might be "resonating" at that "3000 RPM" that is affecting your ignition system?

That is, if such a hypothetical (sensor?) connector is loose and sensitive to 3000 RPM, it would make-contact-then-no-contact creating an impairment situation that the ECU is trying to adapt to.

= = =

Example:

I once had an Aprilia that would kind of do the same thing, but not as predictable as your situation. At a low RPM, but not always (however, that may have had to do with how quickly I shot through that particular RPM) I sometimes got engine shutter. It turned out the ECU unit broken loose from its rubber anchor under the fuel tank area. So it was shaking in the wind over the hot engine by its connectors. Once the unit was properly re-attached, the symptom never happened again.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would try riding it with the fuel cap loose and see if it still happens. Maybe something going on with the evap system purge valve.

Dan

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so a few weeks ago i had a problem with the ignition system. main connection at the ignition switch had broken.
had a thread going about it. Double Thumper you where involved in the discussion. any way i think ill start with the ignition, cause i was thinking exactly what you where thinking. then ill check the fuel system, cause i did replace the aux tanks fuel pipe not to long ago. the old one perished, so there is the possibility that some **** got into the fuel.

·
Super Moderator
3,072 Posts
so a few weeks ago i had a problem with the ignition system. main connection at the ignition switch had broken.
had a thread going about it. Double Thumper you where involved in the discussion. any way i think ill start with the ignition, cause i was thinking exactly what you where thinking. then ill check the fuel system, cause i did replace the aux tanks fuel pipe not to long ago. the old one perished, so there is the possibility that some **** got into the fuel.
Is this the thread @hobbes?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is this the thread @hobbes?

yes
thats right,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts