Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought a new set of Shinko 804-805 and took off for Moto GP last month road a total of 1531 round trip.
the front 804 got more bouncy as the trip went along.
under 45 mph it was getting very bouncy so took it off checked rim, rim is straight tire is not round. It had a 14 inch section taller then the rest of the tire.
called rocky mountain ATV who i purchased it from to no real help there. I should have expected it being a online retailer.
there like 1531 miles before you make a complaint that's to many miles for warranty. I was like really a tire that isn't round no warranty humm.
I was like thanks for nothing.
since this posting they called & were sending a tire but Shinko took care of it already.
SO props to Rocky mountain ATV as well just a day slower but still happy to get the call & great customer service.

so I contacted Shinko USA.
KYLE was kind enough to help me with the issue he understood this was my second set cause I liked the 1st set.
he had me send pictures of the date size and remaining tread & mailed the tire to me same day.
it just arrived next day fed ex HOLY CRAP good customer service I was not expecting overnight.

SHINKO has my business now!
the 805 on rear sticks better then the Karroo 3 i had on before, it would spin when trying to lift front with the 805 I almost flipped it backwards cause it didn't slip at all on me & I was expecting it to being a knobby tire.
the tire is good in the wet as well no complaints from me on it.

so this is my review & opinion on the Shinko 804-805 as well as the customer service & support . way better then Dunlop has done with many on here with the stock tires getting punctures.

have a nice day & keep the rubber side down.

Motomarc

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
well rocky mountain called & was going to send me a new tires as well

rocky mountain ATV stepped up & was going to send me a tire as well. so I retract my comment about them.

I was honest to them let them know I had 1 from Shinko that came today.
I could have said yeh send it thank you! but kARMA would have bit me in the ass I am sure.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Glad to hear that RM ATV/MC stepped up and offered to replace the tire. I buy almost all of my major accessories from them, including the Shinko 804/805 tires. Good news all the way around, Shinko and RM sound like you can trust them to help you out in a jam.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts