Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are people using for aftermarket short levers?. I have always liked the look and feel of short levers, but can't find anything other than the
Puig Short Lever V3 plus the adapters as the levers on the 2020 Manual are different to the previous years.I have already fitted Barkbusters
Has anyone dealt with Africa-Twin-shop.com?

·
Registered
413 Posts
What are people using for aftermarket short levers?. I have always liked the look and feel of short levers, but can't find anything other than the
Puig Short Lever V3 plus the adapters as the levers on the 2020 Manual are different to the previous years.I have already fitted Barkbusters
Has anyone dealt with Africa-Twin-shop.com?
Heaps of options on ebay anywhere from $30AU to $80AU short / adjustable/ folding etc I got adjustable reach,folding, short ones for $29AU delivered

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Heaps of options on ebay anywhere from $30AU to $80AU short / adjustable/ folding etc I got adjustable reach,folding, short ones for $29AU delivered
Is this for the 2020 CRF1100 Model ? The 2020 CRF1100L are different to the earlier models and have quite different OEM Part Numbers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would recommend holding off on installing any after-market levers, especially those made for the 1000 models as people have experienced issues engaging the cruise control. This is due to the brake switch placement at the handlebars.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Is this for the 2020 CRF1100 Model ? The 2020 CRF1100L are different to the earlier models and have quite different OEM Part Numbers.
I cant see Honda making a lever just for the CRF1100 I would think its a common part (just like the one for the CRF1000 is) accross a number of their bikes . Unless the CRF1100 is the first in a series that use that part I would talk to your local Honda man to see what else that part number is used in, you might even want to look up the online parts shops to see what its common with. Then do a search on ebay for all those models. The CRF1000 shares levers and pegs with about 6-7 other Hondas some going back a long way.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cant see Honda making a lever just for the CRF1100 I would think its a common part (just like the one for the CRF1000 is) accross a number of their bikes . Unless the CRF1100 is the first in a series that use that part I would talk to your local Honda man to see what else that part number is used in, you might even want to look up the online parts shops to see what its common with. Then do a search on ebay for all those models. The CRF1000 shares levers and pegs with about 6-7 other Hondas some going back a long way.
The Part numbers for the 2020CRF1100L are new (bike-parts-honda.com)and the Levers are specific to this latest model. I suppose that is why at this early stage there is not many after market levers available .I have only been able to find short levers at Africa-Twin-Shop.com. Rather pricey thou

·
Registered
135 Posts
I cant see Honda making a lever just for the CRF1100 I would think its a common part (just like the one for the CRF1000 is) accross a number of their bikes

The 1100 uses Micro switches in Brake and clutch for the Cruise Control. Not compatible with early years.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The CRF 1100 is a new model so the levers could well be unique to this model. However I wouldn't be surprised if the same levers show up in the Honda parts system under different part numbers associated with other models in the Honda line.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The Part numbers for the 2020CRF1100L are new (bike-parts-honda.com)and the Levers are specific to this latest model. I suppose that is why at this early stage there is not many after market levers available .I have only been able to find short levers at Africa-Twin-Shop.com. Rather pricey thou
Talk to my Honda man today, yep you are screwed for the moment. When they do a part change and the middle three letters match its typically a common part. So on the 16 to 18 the levers work accross these bikes
Front Brake Lever For HONDA CRF1000L VFR800F VFR1200X CBR650F CB650F CB1100 1300 there could be more
On the new brake and clutch lever for the CRF1100 part number there is nothing else out at this stage where those 3 middle letters match up that we could see. So it looks like you are going to be waiting a while for the cheaper ones to be rolling out.

The 1100 uses Micro switches in Brake and clutch for the Cruise Control. Not compatible with early years.
Both the 1000 and 1100 have microswitches in the perch for both brake and clutch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts