Honda Africa Twin Forum banner

Should I Be Concerned?

5K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Wadeo 
Your bike is under warranty. If you are not satisfied with the dealer service, take it to a different dealer or call Honda directly. That's a one big advantage of buying new that you have peace of mind, so don't worry too much about it.

10 miles on a new bike is not quite unusual. Small test rides and inspection runs can easily pile up to 10 miles. Dealers always have some BS story to make you feel that yo are getting super lucky with your purchase. They don't want to lose your business and making up BS is unfortunately just dealer 101.

About the gear shifts, I have found Honda to be always clunky. Coming to a different bike, it will take a bit before you to get comfortable with Honda shifts. Although, I didn't find that problem with my test Africa Twin. Take it to a dealership (different dealership, if possible) for the first service and take it from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.