Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of July's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Drop it like it's hot!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda of the Ozarks, Springfield, Missouri, went waaay the extra mile in helping me acquire an ATAS DCT.
Had appointment for Wed., 10am to finalize the deal. But, enroute on Tuesday, I noticed I COULD make it to the dealer by 445, 1.25 hours before closing. I called them while rolling at 75 up I44 and asked them if there was any chance of doing at least part of the deal Tuesday. Even though my original salesman was off, another salesman, Bob, picked it up and had the bike prepped when I arrived. We did the deal and loaded the bike and I was headed back toward Texas! They were amazing to work with, and the final price was even lower than what we discussed on phone!!!!! It did involve a trade in. My next bike purchase will 100% be at this dealer, never, ever, had such a positive experience in buying a bike, and it was so worth the 500 mile drive each way.
Hint: Yesterday they had a 2018 ATAS manual on the floor. Better hurry!!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Awesome treatment! Congratulations!! My dealer, Honda World Salt Lake City, gave me similar treatment and I will frequent them for sure! My center stand just arrived via UPS and I ordered it from them on Saturday. Ride RED WHITE and BLUE!!

Does it really exist? No photo yet?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice to hear your positive experiences with these two USA dealers. Best friend lives in Beckley, WV, he tells me his local dealer is not so great, they say they dont even know about the new 2018 AT and ATAS! :surprise:

Hope you both have great time with your ATAS’s, as I have been having with mine. :grin2:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DZ,
I installed the old center stand off my AT 2016 manual today, and was pleasantly surprised how easily it goes up on the stand. The first try, I threw my 230 pounds onto the foot piece and almost threw bike out of garage. It takes a LOT less effort to put on center stand. They must have moved the mounting points or something..... You will love it!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Thanks TT!! Really appreciate that info on the center stand. I'll have mine installed tomorrow.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Sweet...I think you have the current record for distance traveled in the USA to get an ATAS. Nothing against the Ride RED colors on the 16 but the 18 ATAS paint scheme rocks!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nice to hear your positive experiences with these two USA dealers. Best friend lives in Beckley, WV, he tells me his local dealer is not so great, they say they dont even know about the new 2018 AT and ATAS! :surprise:

Hope you both have great time with your ATAS’s, as I have been having with mine. :grin2:
Same with 4 dealers in the St. Louis, MO area. They know the 2018s exist but no more than that. Springfield not that far away. May have to make a call. I really want the base model. Anyone seen one of those in the states?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Out with the 2016 manual.
In with the 2018 DCT ATAS.

That's Bob, great salesperson!!!
Congrats on the new bike.

How long is the bed of your truck, by the way?

Did you happen to notice if they had any VFR1200X DCT's there?

I'm kicking around trading in my 2016 AT DCT on one.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats on the new bike.

How long is the bed of your truck, by the way?

Did you happen to notice if they had any VFR1200X DCT's there?

I'm kicking around trading in my 2016 AT DCT on one.

Pickup is a Chevy 3500 1 ton, 8' bed. Something about angle of pic makes it look longer than it really is!!
Sorry I did not notice if they had VFR1200X there. I can say they had a ton of bikes. They had Grom for 2700 if you got some kind of credit card or something. Great prices, friendly helpful folks, not the usual try to get the last penny out of you!
When the 2019 AT's come out with cruise control, I am right back up there again!!! Ok, maybe 2020.......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts