Honda Africa Twin Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge! Theme: Where has your Africa Twin Taken you?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps and girls, I purchased a new 2019 AT a couple of months ago on a bit of a whim and my 310GS was definitely not ideal for my lofty visions of riding up to Alaska, Route 66, touring the East Coast, shipping the bike to Europe, long way round .....etc. etc. I’m really digging my “new old stock” AT and if I’m missing out because of the new engine and upgrades I’m ignorantly bliss. I’m a fairly recent transplant from the SoCal area and I’m really enjoying the desert and all the great riding in the Tucson area. Anyway enough rambling I’m just happy to be part of the AT community..
Cheers everyone.

·
Keeping’em Moderatorated
2018 Adventure Sports DCT
2,872 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
25 Posts
**** Cali people stop coming to AZ lol..... Ok now that that's out the way Welcome..Im up in east Mesa and have an 18. How do you like that 310, ive been wanting to get a fun smaller bike to also travel with besides my twin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Lost Soul, yeah just another one of those **** transplants from Cali....!
Not quite typical in my case though, I’m a Brit that emigrated from England back in 1990.
The 310GS is a fun, light and easy to ride bike. Very capable too, only limitation really would be overtaking on a highway and maybe front suspension travel (I’ve bottomed it out once or twice!) the best thing I could say about mine is that I’m keeping it even though I’ve got the new AT.
Hey, we’re almost neighbors, who knows maybe we’ll get together for a ride some day?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Lost Soul, yeah just another one of those **** transplants from Cali....!
Not quite typical in my case though, I’m a Brit that emigrated from England back in 1990.
The 310GS is a fun, light and easy to ride bike. Very capable too, only limitation really would be overtaking on a highway and maybe front suspension travel (I’ve bottomed it out once or twice!) the best thing I could say about mine is that I’m keeping it even though I’ve got the new AT.
Hey, we’re almost neighbors, who knows maybe we’ll get together for a ride some day?
Hahaha ya just have to give you hard time as you said Cali.. Nice ive only done an 18 hour layover in the UK, but definitely a place I want to explore.. ya I've been wanting a smaller bike to also travel with, not to worried on the power as I've rode a Grom from Az to cali and back. You bring up the front suspension, depending how you ride the AT also has a soft front.

Definitely, Mt Lemmon is a spot I've been wanting to ride for awhile now, and of course the BDR out that way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha ya just have to give you hard time as you said Cali.. Nice ive only done an 18 hour layover in the UK, but definitely a place I want to explore.. ya I've been wanting a smaller bike to also travel with, not to worried on the power as I've rode a Grom from Az to cali and back. You bring up the front suspension, depending how you ride the AT also has a soft front.

Definitely, Mt Lemmon is a spot I've been wanting to ride for awhile now, and of course the BDR out that way.
Thats quite a trip on a Grom....I’m impressed. I live in NE Tucson in basically the last neighborhood before you head up Mt Lemmon. It’s a great ride in either direction (paved or unpaved) and I did a group ride on both sides of the mountain a couple of weeks ago.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats quite a trip on a Grom....I’m impressed. I live in NE Tucson in basically the last neighborhood before you head up Mt Lemmon. It’s a great ride in either direction (paved or unpaved) and I did a group ride on both sides of the mountain a couple of weeks ago.
Lol it was fun and sucked at the same time, but there are guys doing way more on these little bikes. that's sweet Ive only ever done the paved in a car, had plans to do the back way up in dirt, but thats when the mountain was on fire so wasn't able to do it.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hello chaps and girls, I purchased a new 2019 AT a couple of months ago on a bit of a whim and my 310GS was definitely not ideal for my lofty visions of riding up to Alaska, Route 66, touring the East Coast, shipping the bike to Europe, long way round .....etc. etc. I’m really digging my “new old stock” AT and if I’m missing out because of the new engine and upgrades I’m ignorantly bliss. I’m a fairly recent transplant from the SoCal area and I’m really enjoying the desert and all the great riding in the Tucson area. Anyway enough rambling I’m just happy to be part of the AT community..
Cheers everyone.
Hey Petrolhead,
First off, you're not alone in the Transplant clan from CA. We're now into year 7 here in Lake Havasu City. Retired SDFD and couldn't wait to get out of that state. Annnnnyway, I purchased a brand new 2018 AT/AS/DCT just over a year ago and I cant have enough fun on that bike. Without a doubt, it's one of the nicest and most fun bikes I've ever owned. As for you "missing" out on whatever's offered on a newer model, like a '20, well, all I can say is, mine goes where I point it, and as fast as I can handle it. I've added McCruise Cruise control, a Camel Toe kick stand, a Dynamic rear rack, Harbor Freight top box, Tusk panier racks and Tusk Pilot soft panniers with adaptive removable plates. Oh, and a new Zumo XT GPS which helps blue tooth music from my phone to my new helmet.

That DCT is PHENOMENAL! Too bad other manufacturers can't create one of their own. Anyway, enough blabbing, take care down there in the ole' Tucson area. I'm sure you've got plenty of places to explore, just like we do here in Havasu and surrounding areas. Good luck.
Scott

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
I like Tucson. Spent a couple nights there comin' in from up the I-19. Tubac is a cute little town and the Titan Missile Museum was much fun. Need to go back to the region one day.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hey Petrolhead,
First off, you're not alone in the Transplant clan from CA. We're now into year 7 here in Lake Havasu City. Retired SDFD and couldn't wait to get out of that state. Annnnnyway, I purchased a brand new 2018 AT/AS/DCT just over a year ago and I cant have enough fun on that bike. Without a doubt, it's one of the nicest and most fun bikes I've ever owned. As for you "missing" out on whatever's offered on a newer model, like a '20, well, all I can say is, mine goes where I point it, and as fast as I can handle it. I've added McCruise Cruise control, a Camel Toe kick stand, a Dynamic rear rack, Harbor Freight top box, Tusk panier racks and Tusk Pilot soft panniers with adaptive removable plates. Oh, and a new Zumo XT GPS which helps blue tooth music from my phone to my new helmet.

That DCT is PHENOMENAL! Too bad other manufacturers can't create one of their own. Anyway, enough blabbing, take care down there in the ole' Tucson area. I'm sure you've got plenty of places to explore, just like we do here in Havasu and surrounding areas. Good luck.
Scott
Arizona is full of them, and some of you trans lol.. are worth keeping.. Havasu is a killer place, haven't been in years but still won't to wheelie a cross the London Bridge.

I like Tucson. Spent a couple nights there comin' in from up the I-19. Tubac is a cute little town and the Titan Missile Museum was much fun. Need to go back to the region one day.
Titan is still a place I've wanted to go.

·
Super Moderator
6,119 Posts
Arizona is full of them, and some of you trans lol.. are worth keeping.. Havasu is a killer place, haven't been in years but still won't to wheelie a cross the London Bridge.

Titan is still a place I've wanted to go.
Looking back, kinda aw 'n' creepy of "what could have been" when you actually see one (decommissioned, of course) ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts